CDIH

Full Version: Ross report condensed 7/19/02
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jim Ross has posted a new "Ross Report" over at WWE.com. Here are the main notes from the update:
-WWE has taken steps to cut its ties with the Heartland Wrestling Association, to make the Talent Relations Department more cost effective. The developmental roster is also being scaled back, with the following wrestlers being released: Race Steele, Jon Heidenreich, Jason (EZ Money) Broyles, Steve Bradley, Mike Sanders, Jason Sugarman and Kim Nielsen. None of the released wrestlers had a poor attitude, or "heat" with anybody, there just wasn't room to keep them.

-The WWE will focus it's developmental efforts in Ohio Valley Wrestling, and after all the rosters cuts have been made, the remaining developmental wrestlers will be moved there. Each talent in OVW will be evaluated thoroughly on a weekly basis and then will be officially reviewed every 90 days.

-The Island Boys, Shannon Moore, Johnny "The Bull" Stamboli, Bull Buchanan, Shelton Benjamin and Victoria will all be called up to the main WWE roster, and will appear on RAW or Smackdown soon.

-Mike Awesome and Chris Kanyon will be back on the road within a few days, and will work together on their timing and conditioning.

-WWE has reached terms to new agreements with Batista, John Cena, Nidia, Linda Miles, Maven, Jackie Gayda and Molly Holly.

-Ross says that the WWE has not had meetings with Dusty Rhodes, as reported on the internet.

-Randy Orton suffered a mild concussion last week, and has been out of action since as a precaution. An MRI was done, and the results were fine, meaning Orton will be able to return.

-Kane's torn biceps muscle is healing well, and he should be able to return to action in two weeks.

-Triple H will also be able to return to the ring in about two weeks, after recovering from surgery on his elbow.

-Goldust suffered a slight knee injury on Monday night, but won't miss any ring-time.

-Bubba Dudley had to have his mouth stitched after his match on Monday.

-Steven Richards has several staples in his head after the match with Tommy Dreamer on RAW. Ross says, "I am very proud of how hard Steven is working for WWE and that he has gotten himself in awesome condition."

-Kevin Nash will remain in Birmingham, Ala, until further notice, much the same as Triple H, to work with HealthSouth on his torn quadriceps muscle. Kevin says he hasn't had his last match.

-Maven should be cleared from a broken fibula within a couple of weeks.

-Godfather is having neck problems, and will not wrestle until he is fully fit.

-Jazz is rehabbing her torn ACL, and hopes to be back before the end of the year.

-Rhyno continues to rehab his neck injury, and is still on target for a November return. He is also currently working with a speaking coach in Detroit to help him improve his verbal skills.

-Ross thinks that both RAW and Smackdown this past week were solid shows - much better than last week's shows.

-Ross says he was interviewed for Saturday's episode of WWE Confidential. The subject: Eric Bischoff. Ross says, "Yours truly did an interview this week that will apparently air on WWE Confidential this Saturday night regarding Eric Bischoff coming to work as a talent for our company and my less than positive past with him. I asked if they wanted the truth or a TV storyline version; they said the truth and that's what they got. As a result, I am not sure which, if any, of my comments will air."