CDIH

Full Version: WWE Vengeance results
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
World Wrestling Entertainment 21 July 2002 "Vengeance"
Joe Louis Arena
Detroit, MI

Hosts: Michael Cole & Tazz

Tag team table match
Bubba Ray & Spike Dudley vs. Eddie Guerrero & Chris Benoit
o Spike eliminated Guerrero (Dudley 'dog from apron to floor 13'28")
o Benoit eliminated Spike (press from ring to floor 14'29")
o Bubba Ray eliminated Benoit (Bubbabomb 14'59")

Cruiserweight champion Jamie Noble (butterfly powerbomb -> pin 7'34") Billy Kidman

European champion Jeff Hardy (4'16") William Regal

John Cena (6'17") Chris Jericho

Hosts: Jim Ross & Jerry Lawler

Intercontinental champion Rob van Dam (DQ 9'40") Brock Lesnar

No DQ, no countouts
Booker T (6'13" Houston Hangover -> pin) Big Show

In a segment that took forever, Shawn Michaels convinced Triple H to join him on RAW

Christian & Lance Storm (10'02") Edge & Hulk Hogan
Storm & Christian win tag team titles when Jericho gives Edge a belt shot

The Rock (19'35" Rock Bottom -> pin) Kurt Angle & The Undertaker
Rock becomes fifth Undisputed Champion - and first seven-time WWF champion

Thanks to CRZ.net

Fuck the WWE putting the belt on the Rock only to hold it for a month then film another box office dud.
Brock/Angle would have been a much better program.
I liked all the matches on tonights card. I was not dissapointed in any of them. I was actually very surprised at the quality of all the matches. The worst of the night was Jeff Hardy/William Regal, but even that match had it's good spots.

As for the Rock winning the title, here is what I think is happening (mind you that it probably won't):
They had to get the title off of taker. Angle was a good choice, but they wanted the title on a face while telling the people that the Rock is still part of the WWE. I seriously believe that at Summerslam, Brock will establish himself as a full heel and Angle will come down to help the Rock retain the title, thus the begining of making himself a face. The Rock could then drop the title the next night on Raw to a heel (say, Chris Benoit), who will at the next pay-per-view, Unforgiven, take on Kurt Angle for the title rekindling there feud from last year with Angle's medals. Have Angle go over Benoit in a hellacious battle with no run ins and getting the win out of nowhere, thus not discounting Benoit. This re-establishes Benoit as a Main Event guy, Establishes Brock as a heel, and gets the belt on a now face Angle.

This is just an idea though.
Funniest moment: Golddust grabbing his jock when his ex wife walked in. Case closed.
HBK IS STAYING, THERE IS A GOD AND I LOVE IT!!!
I didn't like then first couple of matches. Jericho vs. Cena is where is started getting good. Rock winning was a pretty obvious thing, however, they did draw that ending out nicely so that you weren't really sure how it would go, in spite of a gut feeling. RVD vs. Brock was match of the night. It's too bad they can't run this feud longer. Those two's styles really compliment eachother. Though, the way Brock held his arm at the end, after the splash made me wonder if he had broke it. No report on an injury, thus far. If it was broke, it would really knock his push to Summerslam right off the tracks, and the WWE's.

"Rickels" said Hogan to Flair. Classic.

Shawn Michaels coming out also was great.
Quote:Shawn Michaels coming out also was great.

wait, hbk is gay?

should i watch it tomorrow night then?
if you have to pay for it, skip it, it in't worth the thirty bucks if you already know what happened.
Quote:Golddust grabbing his jock when his ex wife walked in. Case closed
:rofl: :rofl: