CDIH

Full Version: Procrastination - How do you overcome it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ever have something that you have to get done, but you just can't get motivated to do it? What helps you to make it happen?

For me, I just have to wait until I'm "feelin'" it. If I work on something when I'm not into it, my work is usually for shit.
i haven't. I have like 1000 pages to read for monday that i haven't started yet.
Kid Afrika Wrote:What helps you to make it happen?
"Last Minute Panic" always works for me. I am the procrastination poster child.
If it's something that I have to get done, I usually take the mindset that "It'll get done eventually" and that puts me at ease. I also like to put on my headphones and block everything else out. I get a surprising amount of shit done that way.
I'm a big believer in the idea that I will do it when I get scared enough and finally break down and start working
another hint- turn off the internet, it's far too tempting, cursed Siren from the depths of hell. That's why if I need to do work I go to the bathroom since there's no online hookup there.
Pride
I hired a black man to anally violate me every time I put something off.
IkeaBoy Wrote:another hint- turn off the internet, it's far too tempting, cursed Siren from the depths of hell. That's why if I need to do work I go to the bathroom since there's no online hookup there.
you do nothing to stop us from thinking you're a fuckin gay weirdo

oh yeah, i guess i should get in the shower, alkey's gonna be here any minute :oh shit:
yeah i gotta memorize like 100 words for my sat tutor on monday i havent even looked at the words since she gave them to me 2 weeks ago...i am so fucked...damn procrastiation
Kid Afrika Wrote:Ever have something that you have to get done, but you just can't get motivated to do it? What helps you to make it happen?
I'll tell you tomorrow :bouncer:
When I finally get tired of being yelled at for not doing it. :fuggin:
I used to put everything off until the last minute, and sometimes, even when that minute came, I still did not do it. Now, I just do what I have to do when its time to do it. When the bills come in the mail, I sit down at my desk at write them out and put them right back in the mail box. When it come to work, I try to get everything done even if I am not motivated because I know tomorrow there will be twice as much. The only thing I stil procrastinate at is cleaning my house. Fuck it, I am the only one here and I don't have people over, so if I can live with the mess then who the fuck cares what it looks like.
SLOB
Sluggo Wrote:SLOB
CUNT
I don't make it happen, I wait to the exact last second and then somehow somthing in my head clicks and I get it done. An example of this would be a paper I have to hand in by this Tuesday for my Sociology class. I know for a fact that it wont get done until the night before.
Brokenjaw Wrote:
Quote:SLOB
CUNT
how do you know how messy my apartment is ? :confused:
crx girl Wrote:
Quote:
CUNT
Lent told us.
Brokenjaw Wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
CUNT
Lent told us.
As if he knows, he was passed out, lol. And procrastination is my middle name. Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? I never do anything until it is an hour after it was impossible to wait any longer.
i actually stopped procrastinating and did reading tonight. I have reading tomorrow too.
Pages: 1 2