CDIH

Full Version: Would you do this? - Donating to the artist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently found out about this site. We all know how the recording industry rips off artists and how they only get cents off each album sold. So you can download, burn and listen to your pirated music while you donate money to your favorite artist. It works out nicely because you don't give the recording industry shit and you support your favorite artists.
I'm starting a band.

I don't play any instruments, but I can tap along on any surface to the beat of the music which I will hum.

Please make your checks out to CASH.
Quote:I don't play any instruments, but I can tap along on any surface to the beat of the music which I will hum.

You go Mista Bojangles.
I wrote a song. It's hummed to the tune of Stairway to Heaven, but it's only a tribute.

I call it "Mmmmm hmmmm mm mmmm-hmmmm."
:clueless: :clueless: i coulda swore i voted & posted in this thread :clueless: :clueless:
i would like to think i would. just to stick it to the record companies. the truth is that i would probably continue to pirate
Thank god that Hanson comment was stricken from the record....
Quote:We all know how the recording industry rips off artists and how they only get cents off each album sold

If artists feel like they are getting "ripped off", then don't do it, or distribute it themselves. If people, having free will, decide to enter into the industry, they know what their going to make.
You cannot honestly say that the RIAA does not screw over artists.
No one holds a gun to their heads (well except for Suge Knight) making them create music. No one forces them to sign a 10-year exclusive contract making pennies on the dollar.

Freewill protects you from a lot. Unfortunately, it doesn't protect you from your own stupidity.
Yeah I give a fuck about artists. Really I do. I want to give them my money. Seriously. Who has Keyser Soze's address?
There's not really much of a choice a lot of the time because you do have to make some money sometime.
Be Entreprenuerial and start your own label if you think you're getting hosed. If jigaboos like Puffy and Master P can do it then anyone else can.

Edited By Galt on July 29 2002 at 2:58