CDIH

Full Version: Lcd monitor - How many of you want one
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The main thing I hate about lcd's is the damn price. If I was rich I'd buy this one in a second.

It's got all the features I want.
500:1 contrast ratio
25 ms response
1280x1024 native res
and most importantly THIN BEZEL

God I would sell my soul so I could get 3 of those and be k1d and have a triple monitor flat panel lcd. Satan please answer my prayers for this.
Yeah those things are stylin'.... I definitely do not want to drop those kinds of duckets though when you can get a huge monitor for a fraction of the price. My 19 inch monitor is like the size of a fucking volkswagen, but I love having all of that real estate in terms of screen surface area. Whatever... they will be the affordable norm someday. I'm going to wait on this and high def tv... I'm happy with what I have for now.
i hate LCD's b/c they are not made with a protective covering. This delicate screen just needs to be poked to be ruined. Until they do protect it better, I have no use for such a fragile thing.
Ohhhhhh thin bezel. I am so wet right now.
Quote:Until they do protect it better, I have no use for such a fragile thing.
Get a punching bag to practice with instead of a monitor.
yeah, so if it falls, something hits into it, etc...a punching bag is going to protect. genius.

tool
I saw some at the WIZ last week...
I cant remember the brand...:fuggin:
But they had glass over the screen, and the picture was the best I've ever seen on an LCD...
The 17" was like 1,300 or something...
I used to really want one, but now I think I would only get one if I had a machine that I only used for non-gaming applications. From what I have read, FPS gaming doesn't really too wonderful on these monitors (something to do with the refresh rate).

Maybe when I build my 2nd machine I'll get one, but I'm in no rush right now.
What kind of store charges 1300 for a 17 inch? I've seen that for a top-notch 20 inch lcd.

Right now the higher-end lcd's are getting way better than games. People are saying they are noticing little to no problems with games with the Samsung LCD's. The problem should be even more reduced next year with a change in lcd technology. LCD's don't really refresh in the same way that crt's do so it's not really fair to compare refresh rates. Top-end lcd's refresh every 25 ms(10 ms rise-15 ms fall) but by next year they should have them down to 10 ms which will make them perfect for games.
I have wanted one since they debuted on the market, however it has always been a lack of cash. (not to mention that I am a cheap bastard)