CDIH

Full Version: Surrendering to geekdom
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I admit it, I'm a computer geek. (not as bad as some of you, which still brings me a little solace....)

One of my friends started a message board on his site (he's a blooger UGH! :crackhead: ) so that all our friends scattered about can keep in touch easily.

However, most of my friends are computer illiterate. I was trying to show a few how to "post" on a message board, and I scared myself --and them--with my useless knowledge about sigs and posts and html. They looked at me like I was nuts...

I felt quite lame.

Do your friends bust on you for posting on a message board? They just don't understand, do they? Undecided
When will Katya get here???:loveya: :loveya: :loveya:
Your a geek/erd alright, but remember this:

"Are all nerds as good as you?"

I'd nail ya, but then I would get too emotionally attached. (plus there's that being married thing...)
I hate the fucking fact that I get calls at 1 am because my dumbass friend formatted his hard drive by accident.
my hobbies don't really come up that often with my friends, unless it's in a roundabout way or in a related conversation. since i do other things while i'm posting (working, toying around with a program, checking my email, reading an article), it's never something that takes that much precedence. and since, those i went to school with are my closest friends (besides co-workers, some board folks, etc.) all use or are technically savvy to understand what it is. And if they aren't familiar with a messageboard, they still are aware of other things like ICQ, zmuds, etc. So, I don't really come across that problem too often. computers is too important in my and my friends lives to say something is geeky...to us, it's necessary and our livelihood. However, none of those ex-school chums, and only some of my co-workers i interact via AIM. It's all emails and phone.
Hey AM.....shouldnt you be moving this to the geek forum?
Quote:Do your friends bust on you for posting on a message board? They just don't understand, do they?
a few bust me ballies
more for going to board outings then posting on the board itself

i got one to join this board but he rarely visits
:lookatme: Hey Royal!!
I don't really get my ballies busted for being on here, but I get alot of people that just don't get it.
That is of course if you think geek has a stigma attached to it. To me you can be a social, well tanned, fit, good looking guy or girl who happens to know quite a bit about computers and be considered a geek and be proud of it.

Being a geek is a compliment, not a insult.

Edited By Keyser Soze on Aug. 01 2002 at 1:18
I just tell them you guys are my co-workers :loveya:
None of my friends post on message boards. The idea of it is an odd one to them. I don't think they would completely grasp the concept of one. They use AIM of course but message boards are a little too high on the geekdom chain for them to appreciate.
You know what would make this thread more gooder........
Katya:loveya: :loveya: :loveya:
ken=slut
You know what would make my day even better? Ken getting deleted :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:
A buddy of mine needed an avatar for this board he just started posting on. He asked me, though he had always mocked me for spending my time posting here and on oa.com (the rat bastard), and we gave him HyBriD's pointing monkey. :-D

No one on his board got it and the thread about it looked a lot like the one here when everyone asked HyBriD what the monkey was supposed to be doing exactly.
Quote:You know what would make my day even better? Ken getting deleted
ahhhhhhh typical mod squad reaction................

is this better.....:bow: to Spit.

Edited By Ken'sPen on Aug. 01 2002 at 1:26
Quote:You know what would make my day even better? Ken getting deleted
Psssssst.....You're an admin, you can do that. >)
much! I need my ego tussled at least 2-3 times per hours, thanks!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Maynard as soon as she wrote that I knew you'd have your ass kissing fingers on the button.
How is me telling her that she can delete you ass kissing?

Please explain bi-polar boy.
Pages: 1 2 3 4