CDIH

Full Version: Garnett to nets? - And other offseason nba talk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
the trade rumors of kittles van horn and martin for garnett are back again. i don't see why the twolves would do this [other then they need a new look], but i can see why the nets would. it's rough that they would have to trade martin, but you can't expect to get kg for nothing. i think last time peeler was also included in the trade, but not sure. the nets would still need outside shooting, but when you can get a guy like garnett, you have to go for it. i know all that stuff about garnett dissappearing during the 4th, but if he had kidd giving him the ball, things wouldn't be so hard for him down the stretch.

what was boston doing getting vin baker?

i know cleveland really wanted darius miles, but they got ripped off. the only thing miles can do right now is dunk.

if the knicks get van exel, they would still suck. it's like they're trying to become the nuggets of the east, with mcdyess and van exel. and they signed micheal doleac. what do they expect him to do?

and finally, i think the hornets really overpaid for baron davis. i mean, he's good and all, but 14 million a yr? he's not that good
Quote:what was boston doing getting vin baker?

If you would like, Sleeper and I were talking about a comeback and we could quickly put together a little article exploring this avenue.
i already read it :-p
i dont see the interest in watching 10 glandular minorities jump in the air once every 24 seconds. i really dont.
Quote:If you would like, Sleeper and I were talking about a comeback and we could quickly put together a little article exploring this avenue.
Sorry, I've been too busy working on a spoof of ESPN Sportscentury where they profile Halloween's Michael Myers. I think its my best work yet.
I read it. I think it sucked. Don't bother.
sleeper, i suggest you keep your future works of that sort a lot shorter.

Edited By HedCold on Aug. 02 2002 at 12:13
i guess that garnett trade is off now that the nets traded mutumbo for van horn. it helps the nets alot, but they still need that outside shooter. jefferson can start at sf, but both him and martin can't shoot for shit from 15+. also now that martin wil play more pf (i assume) his rebound numbers should go up.
less then three months til nba. woo.
thank you David Aldridge
i try :thumbs-up:
mutumbo for van horn is a big move for the nets. they get the big man they needed to throw at shaq and get rid of van horn who has been lifeless at times. Van Horn gets manhandeled and doesnt drive the line strong enough to be a dominant force that Mutombo will be. It also frees up some cash for Kidd when the time comes to sign him end of year. The Nets also show Kidd they are serious about winning.
I think it is a bad move for the Nets. Mutombo is pretty well washed up and worthless on the Offonsive end. Shaq dominated him in the finals when the Sixers played the Lakers so it doens't make much of a difference to him, but it will help the Nets defensively. Also, it is a good move for payroll purposes like Keyser said to help them sign Kidd after this year..Hopefully the move doesn't backfire...
Mutumbo aint gonna stop shaq but he's a Hell of an upgrade from MacCulloch who had his salad tossed by shaq in the finals.

Van Horn will always be a pussy.
Van Horn lost any confidence he had. I think he also loast all respect from his team mates when he didn't show up for the NBA finals. Hopefully he will have a better career in Philly.
i didn't want to start another thread, but what the fuck happened to 'team nba'
i guess it proves how overrated guys like baron davis and jermaine oneal are [as much as i hate to admit that one]
no doubt that if guys like kidd, shaq, kobe, mcgrady, garnett, webber etc. were on the team they wouldn't have lost.