CDIH

Full Version: DVD HitList
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This weekend, I picked up some new DVDs...

The Big Lebowski

&

Suicide Kings

Both are excellent (had VHS of Suicide Kings, but the DVD was on $7 so I picked that up too).

The Big Lebowski had me dying laughing. I remembered it as being a great movie. But, watching it again I realized just how good it really is. I definitely suggest renting it if you haven't seen it.

What DVDs have you picked up recently or do you plan on picking up soon?
Jay & Silent Bob strikes back comes out in a couple weeks, i'm getting that

i haven't bought any new ones recently, still enjoying with the Godfather Trilogy and the first 2 seasons of the Sopranos that i got for the holidays.
just got

Pulp Fiction
Gladiator (had lost the DVD when I moved)
Goodfellas
Clerks
The Mummy

On my hitlist:

Barton Fink & Miller's Crossing, if they ever get to releasing these two on DVD

Almost Famous (Bootleg Directors Version)

A.I.

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
Jay & Silent Bob was great, but you know as well as I do that it'll be another $34.95 special edition DVD that really isn't all that special. I mean yeah, I'll but it too, but it sucks that you have to pay that much for a movie just because they decide it's a special addition. And it's not like you get all kinds of extras that you don't get with every other dvd that you buy for half that price...

Unfortunately, for us Kevin Smith fans, your collection just wouldn't be complete without Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back.
I'm Gonna Git You Sucka
Made
Special Edition Dogma
Special Edition Pearl Harbor

That reminds me, I need to pick up The Big Labowski on DVD.

Another good question for this thread, where do you guys buy your DVDs? I buy some from the Columbia House club i'm in and down at Suncoast or Blockbuster.
I bought these two DVDs at Compact Disc World. They have a good selection and decent prices if you join their stupid club.

I also buy from buy.com sometimes. They have good deals on older DVDs and VHS.
Keyser Soze Wrote:I'm Gonna Git You Sucka
Made
Special Edition Dogma
Special Edition Pearl Harbor

That reminds me, I need to pick up The Big Labowski on DVD.

Another good question for this thread, where do you guys buy your DVDs? I buy some from the Columbia House club i'm in and down at Suncoast or Blockbuster.
Buy.com, where you can get them cheaper if you pre-order. Last batch came from ColumbiaHouse. Best Buy has good prices.
I got those both really cheap, too, Kid...

Recently purchased: The Hobbit, Highlander:Endgame (deluxe edition), Untitled: Almost Famous Director's cut, Heat, and Scary Movie

Waiting for: Evil Dead (Book of the Dead limited edition), JaSBSB (I need to get all the Kevin Smith movies on DVD, hopefully they'll come out with a big boxset soon), Say Anything, Slapshot 25th Anniversary ed.
Got for X-mas:
Dr. Who- Robots of Death
Lord of The Rings (Bakshi version)

Prior to X-mas:
Swordfish

Still need 2 more Volumes of Flying Circus, waiting for them to put out the rest of Farscape season 1... and since Spit brought it to my attention, Evil dead (Book of the Dead)
And of course Jay and Silent Bob
Spitfire Wrote:Waiting for: Evil Dead (Book of the Dead limited edition), JaSBSB (I need to get all the Kevin Smith movies on DVD, hopefully they'll come out with a big boxset soon), Say Anything, Slapshot 25th Anniversary ed.
There will unfortunately never be a Kevin Smith Box set. they can't make one for the jersey trilogy box set because the three movies were all done by different distribution companies. so i wouldn't hold my breath for it to happen.

after the J&SBSB DVD there is gonna be some kinda super edition for the 10th anniversary of clerks that contains all kinds of special shit, that'll be the next kevin smith DVD.
you just got Pulp Fiction? you stupid bastard, that's coming out in special edition in a couple of months along with Reservoir Dogs. I haven't bought a DVD in awhile, I want to get the Criteron Notorious and the 2 disc monty python holy grail (i've been slow). Also coming out in April the first season of the one, the only MR. SHOWW!!!!!!!!! And Futurama should be coming out soon.
I can't wait to get Jay and Silent Bob, only one right now that I am dying to get...damn them pushing back the release to end of feb.

On the box set issue, I did see that you could purchase a snazy looking box to put your dvd's in (yes it is big enough for the dogma se dvd) with cool pictures and such on it.

:bouncer: :bouncer:

Will also be picking up the NIN dvd, but that isn't a movie, so i don't know if that counts...
Quote:Will also be picking up the NIN dvd, but that isn't a movie, so i don't know if that counts...

I dunno if it counts are not, but now we are gonna have to endure MayNERD's posting in this thread now. Hope you're happy...
Quote:Will also be picking up the NIN dvd, but that isn't a movie, so i don't know if that counts...
hell YEAH it counts as a movie. It's fucking amazing. You have to pick that one up.
<font color=FEFEFE>Bite me Slash!

Edited By Maynard on Jan. 29 2002 at 4:13
come on slash, you knew he was going to show up in here eventually anyway...i just gave him something else to talk about
I got the Godfather Trilogy for Christmas, but lazy ass me still hasn't gotten around to watching it.
damn message boards have been taking up all my time.

:p
IkeaBoy Wrote:you just got Pulp Fiction? you stupid bastard, that's coming out in special edition in a couple of months along with Reservoir Dogs. I haven't bought a DVD in awhile, I want to get the Criteron Notorious and the 2 disc monty python holy grail (i've been slow). Also coming out in April the first season of the one, the only MR. SHOWW!!!!!!!!! And Futurama should be coming out soon.
No fucking way! I will totally own the Mr. Show DVD.
Keyser Soze Wrote:No fucking way! I will totally own the Mr. Show DVD.
First season April 2nd I believe.

Also SOUL MAN is coming out on DVD soon with Audio Commentary. SOUL MAN FUCKING ROCKS THE HOUSE

Edited By IkeaBoy on Feb. 09 2002 at 2:21
i bought the Final Fantasy DVD, but i still haven't found the time to sit down and watch the whole movie cause i keep watching the special features and stuff.

and i got the My Plaything: Jenna Jameson. it's cool cause it looks like she wants me.... heh :eatme:

*by the way, any extras on The Big Lebowki dvd? i already have the video.

Edited By Danked on Feb. 09 2002 at 2:44
Quote:Also SOUL MAN is coming out on DVD soon with Audio Commentary. SOUL MAN FUCKING ROCKS THE HOUSE

I agree, very cool flick!
Pages: 1 2