CDIH

Full Version: The Wire - hbo's new hit?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who else has been watching this show? I've been watching it religiously. For the uninitiated it's about the heroin trade in baltimore and it does it from the perspective of the cops, and the dealers, and the druggies occasionally get show time as well. I think this another great hbo show but I don't know if it's going to get as much acclaim as other shows(six feet under, sopranos, etc.).
I think it's the best show since Oz.

Sopranos is great but kinda lost it's luster in season 3. Now with them dragging it out almost 18 months for the new season. I could fuckin care less if this is the last season or if it never happens.

The wire is an amazing show, I hope it's not a one season show though. I mean what happens when they nail down barksdale? Then again they don't have to.

I have taped all the episodes, an amazing show.
it is already being ripped off in a new show called boomtown
I was flipping channels and to my surprise I saw my buddy Dom staring back it me. He plays the white cop who was thought to have stolen money but actually just lost it in the wheel well of the car. Seeing my buddy on the show initially drew me in but the show turned out to be Damn good. I'd definitely check it out again.
Yeah I agree with gonzo. The only hbo show that's better than this is Oz.

I doubt that Avon will go down in the first season. I suspect he'll go down in season 2 and set up d'angelo for a possible taking over of the empire in season 3.
I can't believe Omar tried to peel Avon's cap back, and MISSED!!! Omar is a cock-smoking dead man at this point.

The show is fucking great. But, I thought it was a mini-series. Is there going to be a second season? And when will they do the next marathon? I think I missed a couple of shows some how.
Quote:The show is fucking great. But, I thought it was a mini-series.

The makers of the show are the same people who made The Corner, which was a miniseries on the same/similar subject matter. They decided to make a full-fledged series out of it.

I like the show, not as much as I like six feet under or oz, but i think it shows that HBO gets the best writers to do all of their originals, and they do them better than anyone else does.
The Corner was that one with Charles S. (Roc) Dutton, right? That one was good except for the parts where he was on camera.
Yup, thats the one. and the characters were all based on real people, who at the end of the season appeared at the end of one of the episodes and talked about the show.
It's HBO they will definetly reply all the episodes at some point.

Omar was a punk though, he waited to long to pop Avon. Fuckin fag.
What bs, Omar loves to suck on the cock and we all get is some cheap make out scene with another man. The reason why oz is the best show is because we see hardcore ass raping action.
Well they have several people on the show who were killed off on OZ.

So why not bring in Adebisi? I'd love to see him rape McNulty.
Will this mean McNulty will go insane and start going to therapy because of it.
They shot Kema!!! Oh man, it is ON now.

Omar's on his way to New York? Who's gonna shit their pants if they hear someone whistling that tune?

What a great fucking show man. I only wish I didn't catch it every Sunday. If I saw it on Wednesday or Thursday, at least I wouldn't have to wait a week to see the next episode.
I am glad to see I am not the only junkie..... I love this show. In some ways, i think it is better than OZ..... I don't have to stare at man ass all night for one...lol. Certainly goes to show what kind of TV we would be in for if the FCC ever got it's "head" out of it's ass. And Kudos to HBO for continuing to make the best TV shows bar none.
2 more episodes to go, then sopranos come back.

You think they are gonna let Kima die off or will they pull an OZ. Have her disappear without explanation like Luke Perry's character.
What the fuck, That's it? Are you fuckin kidding me?

Arli$$, Curb your entusiasm, sex and the city, life of a married man. All have been on for more than one season, some several. They land a goldmine and end it after one season?

Someone tell me there will be a second season, even though I can't see how.
First off, FUCK YOU!!! Cabelvision for having a shit signal for HBO the entire time the Wire was on. I couldn't see who was saying what for nearly the entire fucking show. But then Glitter comes in perfectly? OH FUCK YOU IN THE EYE WITH A RUSTY SCREWDRIVER!!!

That said, I thought they rushed to tie up loose ends at the trial. They could've drawn it out more, but then again, everyone did take their pleas... so, I guess it would've been a quick trial. It's funny how McNulty ended up on a boat, too. Kind of makes you wonder how often that type of shit happens IRL. I mean you've got probably a 100,000 drug dealers across the country that are pulling in 6 figures monthly, and "knocker" doesn't know about it? Give me a fucking break.

There could be another season of the same shit again. I loved how the pit never even stopped running even though they locked up the majority of the crew.

I also thought it was good how they showed D'angelo's wanting to get out but then his mother tells him he can't. Can you imagine being in that situation? Do you go against your family? Or, do you do the right thing?
from HBO.com/TheWire:

Quote:Catch rebroadcasts of the exciting season finale "Sentencing" Monday at 11pm on HBO2 and Tuesday at 11:30pm on HBO. Check the schedule for more dates and times. Still need more? Check out HBO on Demand so you can get it when you want it. Click the photo for first season recap.

I don't think they would call it The First season if it was the only season.

I do have one question. Did Mcnulty tell his captian he didn't want to be on harbor patrol? He was warned about telling him where he didn't want to go and being on the fuckin boat in the winter has really got to suck.
I would assume since he was told about and warned on the situation he would have wanted to be on harbor patrol. I don't remember though during the convo several episodes ago if he said he would wanna or didn't wanna work harbor? There would be the answer to your question.

Season 2 might work if they do a "5 years later" type thing.
Pages: 1 2