CDIH

Full Version: Deep philosphical dilemas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Here's the situation:

It's pooring cold nasty rain. You drive up in your car (which only has two seats) next to an uncovered bus stop. Peering out your window into the horrible scene outside, you see three people waiting for a bus.

It turns out that one is your best friend, one is the most beatiful woman you've ever seen, and one is a poor old lady who looks to be in really bad shape due to the rain, cold and what-not.

Unknown to them, but known to you, the bus they are waiting for will be greatly delayed because you just passed it a few miles back and it was broken down.

You have a two-seater. What do you do?

edit: yes, I spelled dilemma wrong. And yes, if you are a broad, you can change it to "the most beautiful man you've ever seen"

second edit:
No one has any umbrellas
Your car doesn't have enough gas to make multiple trips.
Don't read too much into this. There's no hidden information. There's no undiscolosed info. You know everything that exists in this little world.

Edited By Galt on Aug. 12 2002 at 12:21
all of them. they will get my upholestry wet
take the girl,
your friend should understand,
and being nice to old people is pointless since they will die soon anyway,

the biggest return on the investment of being nice is to take the hot chick........

unless she is so hot she is just going to blow you off anyway, in which case I would take my friend.

If you are feeling very nice, and want to be a good friend,
offer to let the hotty sit on his lap,

that is all.
I'd pick up my best friend.

the hot chick is probably married or dating someone.
the old lady could be a serial killer

the best friend is the only viable option here.
Best friend gets the ride, I don't like strangers .... wait, unless they have candy. :bouncer:

Edited By Hey Ladi on Aug. 12 2002 at 12:15
it's only water. do they have umbrellas? This is not much of a deep philosphical dilemma. pick-up the one without the umbrella first...then swing back for the next. If this was one of my friends, they'd offer the seat to the woman first, as well...so it's really depends on who's set for the rain.

Question: Would you rather be happy yet slow-witted and unimaginative or unhappy yet bright and creative? For example, would you rather live the life of a brilliant yet tortured artist such as Vincent van Gogh, or that of a happy but carefree soul who is a bit simple-minded like LZ?
I already live Van Gogh's life......with both ears of course.
how bout Alkey's??? You think Van Gogh would chase him with a meat cleaver???
Yes when I think of a talent like Van Gogh I often think his life and talents pale next to Maynerd.
Quote:Here's the situation:

It's pooring cold nasty rain. You drive up in your car (which only has two seats) next to an uncovered bus stop. Peering out your window into the horrible scene outside, you see three people waiting for a bus.

It turns out that one is your best friend, one is the most beatiful woman you've ever seen, and one is a poor old lady who looks to be in really bad shape due to the rain, cold and what-not.

Unknown to them, but known to you, the bus they are waiting for will be greatly delayed because you just passed it a few miles back and it was broken down.

You have a two-seater. What do you do?

and to answer Gooch's question: In my opinion the goal and purpose of life is to be happy.

If the slow person is truly happy (not just the imbecilic ignorant happy) but truly fulfilled with his small dreams and easy life, then I'd rather be him, than some brooding genious that gets frustrated at the idiocy of others.

Edited By Galt on Aug. 12 2002 at 12:30
Quote:than some brooding genious that gets frustrated at the idiocy of others.
its no fun
Quote:its no fun

So you still keep in touch with Sephiroth?
Genius > "brooding genious"
my speling is for the rettarded
this has to be a trick question, i can't answer it
I'd pick up the hot chick, my best friend would do the same so he would understand. The old lady is well compensated by my taxes, public assistance should have taken care of her.

I agree with the assesment that the goal is to be happy, therefore i'd be the happy retard. What good is it to be a unhappy genius? Seems like a worthless life and i'm sure people would loathe you.
I wouldn't even slow down for a group of people too stupid to get out of the rain.
OK, I'm cheating because I read this somewhere else. And in the version I read, the friend is someone who saved your life, so you owe 'em.

So, here's a use for the spoiler button:

<!-- spoilerKillit --><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td bgcolor="#000000" valign="middle" align="left"><font color="#000000" size="1">Spoiler (Highlight to Read):</font>
</td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="middle" align="left"><font color="#ffffff" size="1"><!-- spoilerKillitEnd --><!--txtStart-->Give your friend the keys to your car to drive the old lady home. Then sit with the hot girl and wait with her for the bus so you have time to get to know each other.<!--txtEnd--><!-- spoilerKillit --></td></tr></table><!-- spoilerKillitEnd -->
AD, that's the stupidest shit I ever heard. No wonder white people get fucked over so much. :-D
How do you figure K1d? I wish i'd have thought of that, its genius.
Pages: 1 2