CDIH

Full Version: Food ingredients - Do you care?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Throughout our lives we come to find out many things. Probably our least favorite thing to find out is what is in the food that we eat.

You know,

chicken nuggets are made out of lips, gizzards and assholes.

Hot dogs are the shit that's left after you make sausage out of the shit that's left after you butcher an animal.

Gyro meat is Lamb.

Caviar is fish eggs.

The question is, does knowing what's in the shit that you eat make you not want to eat it anymore? Or, do you just not give a fuck because it tastes good?

Personally, I can't eat seafood or anything that's easily identifyable as far as where on an animal it came from. Yes, even chicken on the bone bugs me out sometimes.
Few things actually gross me out to the point I can't eat them. I don't give a fuck what is "really" in something. I guess I just ignore what is in it and just go with if I like it or not.

The one food I can't touch though is lobster. I blame the Discovery Chanel for that. After comfirming for me that lobsters are indeed related to roaches, I can't even think of eating it.
Quote:Yes, even chicken on the bone bugs me out sometimes.
I knew you weren't black

Processed meat makes me sick
I eat most seafood
I hate liver
Esp duck liver
Blech!
Quote:Gyro meat is Lamb.
Lamb fucking rocks!

I never care about where it comes from. If it tastes good, I'll eat it. I mean think about it. Do we hesitate diving into the Y? There is no logical reason that a sane person would dive into the promised land other than it tastes so good.

The only thing I have a problem with trying are things like brains. I just have a tough time trying to taste something that looks like a brain or trying to understand what ever tempted a human to say "ummm, I wonder what this brain would taste like, let's give it a try."
Quote:Do we hesitate diving into the Y? There is no logical reason that a sane person would dive into the promised land other than it tastes so good.
Jesus you're dirty old man
I can't drink milk since I found out:
<!-- spoilerKillit --><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td bgcolor="#000000" valign="middle" align="left"><font color="#000000" size="1">Spoiler (Highlight to Read):</font>
</td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="middle" align="left"><font color="#ffffff" size="1"><!-- spoilerKillitEnd --><!--txtStart-->Bovine growth hormone can cause an infection in the cow's udder causing large quantities of puss to mix with the milk. The puss filled milk isn't thrown out, since pastuerization kills any danger, but there are still bits of the sterilized puss in some of the milk that is sold in stores.<!--txtEnd--><!-- spoilerKillit --></td></tr></table><!-- spoilerKillitEnd -->
Read at your own risk.

And I only eat hotdogs if they're burned on the bbq to an unrecognizable wrinkly lump and buried in pickle relish.
Quote:Do you care?
Yes, I do.

- I avoid fast food places like the plague.
- I prefer to get my meats from a reputable butcher not a supermarket.
- I will eat lobster even tho it is a big cokcroach, but, I won't eat octupus or snails.
- I won't eat liver, but, I do cook it for my k9.
- Jello is gross.
- Caviar grosses me out.
- Despite my chocolate fetish I will steer clear of products made with refined sugar. Refined sugar is not a food, it is a drug.
- I am, for the most part, a veggie, fruit, and pasta person.
If it tasted good I would eat Soylent Green.
As long as it is cooked well, I'll eat almost anything. Although I hate seeing tentacles when someone orders calamari.
No I don't care, I can seperate it in my mind or somehow forget the icky things I just read... like Den'ts milk thing. I don't like the look of raw meat though. I don't cook much of it for myself, but I'll eat it if someone else makes it. :thumbs-up:
I wish I had your self-control, Luna. I eat just about anything.

Bad food is addictive.

I just wish they would label the foods that are genetically-engineered.
Oh well someone WILL do it, why not me....
Quote:I eat just about anything.

:lookatme: :blow: :lookatme:
I'll pretty much eat anything so long as it looks appetizing. As for fast food, I don't really consider that "real" food, and I have worked in a few places - so I tend to stay away from that. I won't eat insects - fried or otherwise - but I love seafood, white meat chicken, and the occassional steak. As for the ingredients - I really can't worry too much about them, Obviously, I don't want to drink milk from cows gived hormones, but sometimes I don't have much of a choice. The same goes with veggies and fruit (insecticides). I try to wash all of my food as thouroughly as possible before I eat it, but aside from that I don't see what else I can do to safeguard my eating.
Unless you grow your own veggies and fruit and slaughter your own animals, there's something in your food you won't like. If it doesn't harm you and tastes good, why worry? :crackhead:
SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!!!!

After reading this thread I have begun to rethink my diet. I think i'm going to become a vegitarian. Then again i'm sure they do some funky shit with vegitables as well. I guess you just can't win.
A can of tomato paste is allowed to have the equivalent of two whole maggots in it.
Protein shakes are made with semen.
One for the ladies...
Quote:CHOCOLATE AND CHOCOLATE LIQUOR Insect filth
(AOAC 965.38) Average is 60 or more insect fragments per 100 grams when 6 100-gram subsamples are examined
OR
Any 1 subsample contains 90 or more insect fragments
Rodent filth
(AOAC 965.38) Average is 1 or more rodent hairs per 100 grams in 6 100-gram subsamples examined
OR
Any 1 subsample contains 3 or more rodent hairs
Shell
(AOAC 968.10-970.23) For chocolate liquor, if the shell is in excess of 2% calculated on the basis of alkali-free nibs
Check out THIS site.
1. This is a great thread.
2. It disgusts me that all this shit exists, and I don't know if I can eat anything unnatural again.
3. Why are we all so fat?
Quote:3. Why are we all so fat?
Eating disorders and addictions.
Pages: 1 2 3