CDIH

Full Version: I need help - No not that kind
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
so, i've been sorta kinda thinking about grad school and i've decided it's time i actually get off my ass and do something about it. the problem is, i'm completely clueless as to how to go about it. so, what's the first step? gmat? i've requested info from suny, cuny, nyu, columbia (i know, long shot, but some crazy lady who claimed to have a gift told me i was going to go there and get grants)

so, what do i do now?
i guess i shoulda posted this when there were actual adults online huh, oh well, i look forward to finding valuable information tomorrow :-p
Honestly it's been so long, I have no clue. But I am sure there are people here attending who will be able to help.
Seek out the counselors from said Universitys and tell them you want more information. Find out which one has the courses that pertain to your area of study, which ones have the highest placements rates, the ratio of students to teachers, class schedules, tuition costs, what grants are available.

Figure out which one meets your needs the best.
What do you wanna study?
that sounds like a lotta work jack, wanna do it for me?

i'm thinking business management gonzo. suny seems to have a specifically restaurant business management course, so that's looking like my best bet, although i'm not sure what campus it's offered at. i'm very early in the planning stages right now.
Well for business which was what I studied, I'd reccomend either Pace or Baruch. Pace is more expensive than baruch, baruch is a cuny school. Pace is a very good school, so is baruch.

They usually have open houses, you should call their offices and ask if there are any upcoming open houses.
It is a lot of work but you don't want to end up going to a college that
A) Doesn't have the necessary courses to complete your field of study
B) Has too many students in one classroom
C) Can't afford
D) Has a low placement rate
well, i guess i know how i'll be spending my day off on monday. it's a pain in the ass when offices don't keep the same hours as me.

so, are there actual scholarships available for grad school or just loans, cos i don't wanna go into any more debt than i already am.
looks like i'm not the only one looking at colleges this year...
Did you fill out your FAFSA yet this year? That is the only way to find out if you will get any scholarships or grants.
i haven't done anything yet. fafsa? don't you do that after you apply to places?
Nope. You have to fill it out and have them send the info to all the colleges that you are thinking about attending.

I think the website to do it at is <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.fafsa.gov.ed">http://www.fafsa.gov.ed</a><!-- m -->
well i dont know if anyone has said this, cause i dont read threads, but if you have your bachelors, which you have to have for grad school(im smart huh) just apply for grad school first. if your accepted, some schools will make you take an entrance test. im gona go to john jay in the city for my grad school next fall, and i have to apply at the end of my spring semester at William Paterson, then if i am accepted, i will have to take an entrance test. its that simple....at least for me.
dit that make any sense?
Undecided
I'm going to be going to graduate school Fall 2003, and I know I have to take the GRE for my field of study. You should call the schools to find out the enterance requirements, and you'll also need an offical copy of your transcript to send to the schools you're applying to. If you're planning on getting your masters in business, Pace is an excellent school for that, in fact our part-time MBA program is ranked tenth nation wide, but keep in mind, I go to Pace for undergraduate, and its about $600 a credit now. However, depending on your financial situation, at least at the undergraduate level, I know there are A LOT of scholarships and grants available. Baruch is also an excellent school, which I know little about personally, but my friend's brother is there now and enjoying it.
don't look at me, I'm having enough trouble with undergrad...
pfft, and you wanna be roomies with that kind of advice?
sure, if you just happen to kill yourself, I get an A :thumbs-up:
You should also call the Graduate Admissions office with a list of questions and see what their responses are. If the don't directly answer, they should be able to direct you to an admissions mentor/counselor who can talk you through most of your concerns. I'm going to Pace right now for Grad School and it is almost $700 a credit.....thankfully I'm almost done :thumbs-up:
Pages: 1 2 3