CDIH

Full Version: Being creative
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, what do you do when you feel the need to be creative?

Paint? write? sculpt? Weld something? Carpentry?

I have very little drawing skill, but I can look at a cartoon picture and copy it by eye free hand. Haven't done that in a while.
Usually I'll pick up an instrument and play or write music for awhile. Or I'll do some kind of computer art.

I used to write, but I haven't had any writing inspiration in awhile.
When I am feeling creative, most of the time I will work on images for my web page, or if I'm bored and feeling creative, do an overhaul of my web page.
I start threads on message boards.....

I like to draw a lot.....pencil or pen.
I have just enough talent to be frustrated that I don't have more,
I struggle with faces, most drawings of people look enough like them to be a relative, but I somehow usually miss the essence of the person.
I used to write all the time, but I've been drawing a blank recently... I've been doodling a lot recently.
I write, I'm working on a short story now actually. It's about being in a concentration camp from the view of a nazi guard who is actually hiding the fact he is a jew.

I also listen to music, listening to music actually helps me write. usually either some: miles davis or ok computer and abbey road.
How much of that story do you have done GS? I'd like to read it when you're done.
I work on my picture editing, or write a little computer program that does something fun or interesting... I know, loser... :-p
I'm pretty good with a set of tools, but never had a real set of my own or a workshop. Haven't built anything since my senior year of college when I built a one person dune buggy from scratch with a couple of other guys.
i draw, write, post, etc. i tend to look to do more when work or life gets frantic, and i need some emotional or mental outlet to vent, play, etc. like...the song parody i did yesterday i did after i got bad news about my grandmother, who's clinging to life. sometimes, i just need to do something to kind of sort myself out, and take a break from the mundane.

i have projects for myself which i want to do: novel, screenplays, etc...but anything that isn't instant gratification or just requires a longterm committment, i seem to have constant trouble with. Conceptually, i have two novels and 2 screenplays planned out...but that is all fuckin useless unless i can put it to paper. so, creativity for me, seems to be some sort of struggle...the small and instanteous stuff of a sketch, post ditty, sig pic, etc...comes with ease and sometimes almost effortless, but the bigger things that I have my heart set on, I feel a constant battle with myself over. Sometimes, i feel that somehow i am failing myself in my inability to get past this.

Shit, is this thread a therapist couch? Obviously, i'm having a bit of an issue with this lately...nice to be able to put it to words finally. :-D
I used to like building shit. That was until I did it as a profession.

I used to write till my ex destroyed all of my old notebooks.

I used to make tons of mix cd's until said ex went and fucked those archived cd's up by scratching them.

Now, I play my PS2 and build teams, if the EX touches the PS2, she loses a fuckin finger.
guitar
i write. everything from songs to just random thoughts. i hope to write a book someday.

i sing. perfecting songs that are really hard to sing. i want to learn how to play the geee-tar.

i knit. sweaters, blankets, scarfs...you name it i can knit it. last christmas as part of my friends presents i made them all scarfs. they loved them cause i put so much time and effort in to them, meant more then just getting a store bought gift.
i sing, play guitar, write music, write in a journal, working on a screenplay with another writer, i take photographs, i play with photoshop.
I sing and write music with my friends, though I'm thinking about taking more voice lessons, it's so much harder to sing with a guitar than a piano...

I haven't written anything in a while, usually I write free verse prose or songs. I feel really blocked lately, though there's a cheap online class you can take to clear up writer's block...someday I'll have enough patience to write a novel
Quote:I used to write till my ex destroyed all of my old notebooks.

that's fuckin horrible. how is this bitch still breathing???
Quote:that's fuckin horrible. how is this bitch still breathing???

Because shit splatters when you hit it.
Quote:though I'm thinking about taking more voice lessons, it's so much harder to sing with a guitar than a piano...

yes it is. just be sure to get someone that you are comfortable with, i have heard some vocal coaching horror stories. i've never had lesssons, my voice luckily enough is just there. so just look in to people thoroughly, even check with past students.
I cook
Quote:I cook

Heating up a spoon with a lighter does not make one a chef.
Pages: 1 2