CDIH

Full Version: The real song for the deaf
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: from blabbermouth.net

A group of deaf people turned up to see QUEENS OF THE
STONE AGE because their new album is called Songs For
The Deaf, according to Britain's Metal Hammer
magazine.

The 37-strong party of hearing impaired folks turned
up to see the QUEENS at the Spiders club in Hull. The
group baffled the bouncers with their use of sign
language and threatened to call trading standards when
they were refused entry to the "Songs For The Deaf
Night".

A spokesperson for the club said: "They were angry and
said they had phoned us to check we were holding a
'Songs For The Deaf Night'. They didn't see the funny
side at all and left straight away."

They're so loud that even deaf people can hear them.
Hilarous Spit!

Actually, the album title has a little more meaning than that. The whole album is a concept album. In between tracks, they have radio snippets. DJ's announcing the songs and such. The reason for this is because this band has been so overlooked. They are mocking the "system" for selling out to all the record companies. The band has fallen on deaf ears.

And actually....heh, there is a song on the album that is all very low tones. Put on there for deaf people to feel the music.

Quite amusing.
maynard almost blew a load when he realized that he had a whole thread in which to share his QOTSA knowledge with us. go crazy big boy!!
Rolleyes

Tool....

at least I don't call people when I'm standing close to one of the guys in the band. ;-)
it was LOU REED!!!! completly different. speaking of which, i am going to this big Rent party the day before the VMA's. they have told us to expect most of the artists who will be at the VMA's at the party. Does anyone know who is going to be at the VMA's? the only one i know for sure is Britney. My boy Joey promised to introduce me. I am going for the brush-by grope.
Hi bestest buddy! :lookatme:

Need a date???
i might be able to score an extra pass if you are serious. no promises though
I'll even give you head for a chance to grope Britney!
i believe Bruce is playing
gonna start a thread on this to get some answers
hey jackass, why don't you try going to MTV.com?
Don't forget people.....this comes out TOMORROW! And it includes a free DVD!
Maynard is just trying to win a poster from The Young Toughs Society by spamming message boards about the new album. :burnfucker:
Nope. I don't even log the promotion I do.

I've sent the advance album to alot of people. And a bunch of people from this board. If those who I sent it to like it, go out and buy the thing! Besides....you get a FREE DVD!

I read somewhere that Best Buy was going to have this for $6.99??? But that's not confirmed yet since it doesn't get released till tomorrow.
I actually think the DVD deal is a great idea. I wouldn't have gone out and bought the album had they not included it since i'm a cheap bastard that would just get it off the net somehow. The DVD makes it all worthwhile.
I agree. And if you happened to catch the MTV2 special they did, they played clips from the DVD. It's a live concert from a show earlier this year. I think they used like 5 -7 cameras, and did some really cool effects.

And yes, Dave Grohl IS playing with them on the DVD. And the album. But no, he is no longer with the band. He left after the spring tour to go back and record the new Foo album.
don't forget people! Go buy this today!!!

Best Buy has it for $11.99. I found it for $8.99 at CD WOrld. Other people tell me you can find it for $6.99!

remember...thats the CD AND free DVD. :thumbs-up:
oooh Maymay, can I be a QOTSA street teamer too?
Actually....I'm not doing any promotion for them. They can pay someone else to do it.

I just like the band, so I'm promoting it.

So bite me bitch.
Damn :-( I was looking forward to passing out flyers and shit
Pages: 1 2