CDIH

Full Version: W00t tha f00k?!?!?!?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:August 26, 2002 -- The firing of Opie & Anthony from WNEW ("Fired & Brimstone," Aug. 23) has been a long time coming. The pair's supporters have cited "freedom of speech" as an excuse for broadcasting sexual acts from St. Patrick's Cathedral. But the Constitution of the United States was never intended to be used to protect criminal behavior.
When terrorists blow up buildings, they don't have the right to claim that their actions are protected under freedom of speech in the Constitution. That is because they are breaking the law, and the Constitution doesn't protect criminal acts. Opie and Anthony first promoted and then broadcast acts of public lewdness on the air.
Elliot Teitelbaum
Brooklyn

This is from the NYPost.com website.

How in the fuck can you compare Sex for Sam to a terrorist attack? People in this country have officially lost their motherfucking minds.

Blowing up two building with two fully packed commercial airliners is far removed from awarding deviants with a trip to a brewery, continentally far removed...

And NO, I'm not posting this because it's about O&A, I'm posting it because of the comparison being made.

Freedom of speech does not mean freedom to say what you allow me to. Freedom of speech means freedom to say whatever I please to whomever I please (of course racial slurs are no longer allowed, but I don't agree with that either).
There have always been some restrictions on free speech. Like slander and libel. Or yelling something in order to intentionally encite a riot or a panic.

But, yeah, that comparison is way off base. Just another member of the "moral majority" shouting his minority opinion.
The problem with free speech is that it gives everyone the sense that their opinion is right no matter how in the minority they may be. As the saying goes, it only takes one bad apple to ruin the bunch.
The problem with governing free speech is that the people that decide what can and can't be said are seldom representative of the people as a whole.
ask lent, he's the expert on the: 9/11 and O&A metaphors.
This sounds like a case of "terroristic sexual lewdness" to me.
You actually listen to guys named Eliot?
Why not? Maynard listens to a guy named Morgan.
[Image: wk-ET1.jpg]

ellllllliot!

Edited By virgingrrl on Aug. 26 2002 at 8:08
Maybe this guy should get a grasp of the law, the church incident violated at best a public decency statute, maybe when making comparisons to terrorism, you should know what you're talking about.
now VG, you've had plenty of time to edit your post. :disappointed: I'm guessing you just clicked the wrong thing, because I know that you can differentiate between a [Image: quote.gif] and a [Image: image.gif].

Edited By Kid Afrika on Aug. 26 2002 at 8:08
shut it cock-knocker. i don't run right back to every thread i post in.

ooooooh! vg fucked up! everyone point and laugh at vg! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
You have to remember to proof-write your posts.
Hay leave VG alone proof-writeing is over rated anyway.
that's proof- writing baker.
Thats wrong I back you up and you slam me for the same thing Kid A said for you I'm hurt. :disappointed:

Edited By Baker on Aug. 26 2002 at 8:18
the joke was too easy to pass up....sorry.