CDIH

Full Version: Cops and their fucking quotas suck. - Are we the citizens the victims?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
You sir, are a moron. You have 60 days to notify DMV of an address change. So that ticket gets thrown out.

Fix your mirror before you go to court and the judge will most likely throw that one out too.

Pay the fine for no seat belt and the judge and the cop will most likely be happy.

Next time, wait for the cop to ask for your papers before you pull them out.
I would fight it....
find out about the rules for address changes.....
2 weeks seems recent....(and how did he find out about that one?)
and the seat belt too if you are telling the truth.....

How much of a dick were you being for him to pile on you like that?
I wasn't a dick at all. He asked how long the mirror had been broken and I told him it was about 2 weeks ago when I got in a fight with my mom and she broke it. That was when I moved out.
Jack, if you're telling the truth, go to court and fight them. Do what kid said. And if you have to pay the one for the seatbelt...that's better then paying all 3, right? Teaches you to keep your Damn seatbelt on till the cop asks for your license.
OHHHHHH
MYYYYYY
GOD

you told him you got into a fight with your mom and it broke???
How stupid are you.....

No wonder he got pissed....
punk kid getting physical with his mother and gets thrown out....
(surely that is what he heard)
you begged for the address change and shit...

It broke 2 days ago, at the grocery store, it was broken when you got back, you don't know who did it.....

jeepers, you younguns.
Yeah good idea Ken. Keep on living your lie.....

Ignore Ken Jack. Tell the truth. If you start to lie, you'll get all sweaty and stutter. You did the right thing by telling the truth. Now if you ever decide to kill someone.....LIE ABOUT THAT!
He did mark waivable on the Civil Infraction for the mirror. But the Address Change was marked as a misdemeanor. I never got it changed because I'm not sure I'm going to stay where I'm at. Technically my mail and everything still go to my moms house. I'm looking at a lease on an apartment and if I find one that will become my address.

As for the seatbelt, I guess I'll just chalk that one up. What really irks me about the whole thing is that I was not causing any danger to anyone yet the guy going at least 70 that could have killed someone didn't even garner his attention as he went flying by.
No I don't think he'd piss his pants....but it's usually not too hard to tell when someone is lying.
Don't feel bad Jack, I got pulled over in PA by a smokie who told me I was a stupid ditzy white girl driving daddy's new car. I didn't get a ticket, I got a warning (keep in mind, I seriously was doing nothing wrong...I can't get even a moving violation if I want to get a job) and he didn't go away until he made me cry.

Fix the mirror, explain the address to the judge and pay for the seatbelt, it should be no biggie...but DON'T MENTION the speeder going by in court or you'll piss off the judge.
Quote:....but it's usually not too hard to tell when someone is lying.

about a broken mirror????
Jack, if you didn't mail in a change of address card from the post office, then your legal address is still the same one that is on your driver's license. The ticket is invalid and will be thrown out of court.
I went and got the mirror at lunch. Got my address changed too. I'll go down to the court and pay whatever it is I have to pay and put this behind me. The more I think about it, the more I get pissed off. So I need to get this behind me quick.

Thanks for the advice. It is greatly appreciated.

Edited By Jack on Aug. 27 2002 at 12:46
Damn. I just suck at being a mod don't I? This belongs in Anger Management, so off it goes.
uh oh, you better start an fu to yourself now, i think it's against the rules not to get pissed off at the person who moves your thread...
Shoulda sucked his cock, like in the movies.
Is that what I've been missing by not watching movies from the 50's?
and the fact negroes knew their place.

"Mo's coffee boss?"
Kid, forgive me for saying, you seem to have quite a bit of expertise with the law and being pulled over by the police.
Were you never young?

I've had tinted windows on just about every car I've owned. And, well to be honest, when you drive around like an idiot and you're in a car with tinted windows, you ARE going to get pulled over a lot.

I got a lot of tickets when I was younger, but always for bullshit and rarely for speeding. The bullshit tickets are the easiest to get out of, but sometimes just paying them off is better than the ticket you could've gotten.

Getting a 2 point ticket for doing 130mph on rt.18 should be proof enough that if you handle the situation correctly, most cops are pretty cool.
I haven't gotten a moving violation ticket since 1995. Mainly because I go to court and plead them down to non-moving violations.

The beauty is, although they are more expensive fines, you save more money in the long run because you're not paying surcharges to the DMV and insurance, etc. etc. It's pretty much a legalized bribe between you and the town saying, "let's keep this our little secret."
Pages: 1 2