CDIH

Full Version: Top 30 wrestling moments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Top 30 Wrestling Moments

tsn did a survery and listed the top 30 wrestling moments ever.

what is your favorite wrestling moment?

Mine always was, Andre Vs. Hogan at WM3. That is when wrestling hit it's pinacle and set the standard for wrestling 'entertainment'. The build up and the sheer electricity for the match was amazing. That was one of the most unselfish things done on the part of a wrestler by Andre. Andre at WM3 and HBK at WM14, two men who passed the torch with no hoopla and suffered through great pain to perform. When Hogan lifted the giant and slammed him, it was just astounding, nothing will beat seeing it for the 1st time.
Quote:Andre at WM3 and HBK at WM14, two men who passed the torch with no hoopla and suffered through great pain to perform.

Are you insane.....NO hoopla??? WMIII was the biggest thing ever in wrestling and Andre lost to the guy who would be the greast thing in wrestling.....how much more hoopla do you want???

and how dare you compare the Giant to HBK, the Giant truly did pass a torch to Hogan, HBK never had the torch....

Greatest moment ever for me was Roddy Piper cracking a coconut off the scallion of the Super Fly.
What I meant by 'hoopla' was the fact that unlike hogan and many others. Andre didn't create some big hoopla around himself that this was his 'final match' or try to put himself over, he put over hogan. I meant he was unselfish.

And yes HBK did have the torch, he persevered through tremendous physical pain to put on a great match. Then just turned around and left with no 'hoopla'. I am not saying that HBK & The Giant were equals but that they were true 'sportsmen'.
when did HBK have the torch? I must have missed that show.....
I know HBK was champ for a while, but so were a lot of people. Andre had the torch....There were so many wrestling circuits in his day, but he was THE MAN.....

He passed that to Hogan who would be THE MAN for many years.....

I don't know that Sean Michaels was in that stratosphere.
HBK carried the federation for a long time because bret hart couldn't. Andre was the man, I agree and more influential, more so than even Hogan. But HBK passed the torch to the man who would become the most profitable man in wrestling history and than was Austin. HBK took the actual art of wrestling to a higher level, before him an elbow of the top rope was a 'high risk manuever'. Shawn was practically the 1st to do everything that is deemed common place now. I was in no way comparing him to Andre though.
Not to mention that people tend to credit Shawn with causing the shift in the industry from pure wrestling to sports entertainment.
Andre carried the business across the country

Hogan took wrestling to heights never seen before, many times over.

When Hogan left WWF was in a lull, McMahon counted on Bret. Bret was a Hell of a 'wrestler' but as far as an entertainer he didn't have 'it'. HBK did he had charisma, looks, charm, and was a dare devil. He so to speak gave wrestling a 're-birth' to usher in the era of Austin which put wrestling and the WWF back onto the throne.
One of my favorite moments was Lights on/Lights off Sabu and Taz in the same ring, ECW Arena.

Roof almost blew clean off the place.
Piper's Pit was the best thing that happened to wrestling.
Quote:what is your favorite wrestling moment?
I'd have to say for me, my favorite moment was taking a bus trip to Philadelphia in 92 to watch Cactus Jack and Eddie Gilbert wrestle in a 2 out of 3 falls match for Joel Goodhart's TWA promotion. Up until that point, the only wrestling I really knew was WWF and WCW, and I can honestly say that watching those two beat the living shit out of each other in front of a crowd 1/10 the size of what the major promotions bring in gave me a new perspective on wrestling, one that remains with me to this day. It was magic. There's not much magic in wrestling these days.
Quote:Greatest moment ever for me was Roddy Piper cracking a coconut off the scallion of the Super Fly.

I'd rank it second behind Kurt Angle talking to "baby hunter" on Raw. When he pulled that monkey with the huge nose on it I almost died!! :thumbs-up: :rofl:
I know I should probablly be carted off to a mental institution for this, but one of the funniest moments that still makes me laugh out loud today is when Bossman crashed Big Shows father's funeral and started dragging the coffin behind the car...Watching Paul hurl himself onto the casket and be dragged through a graveyard was some of the funniest stuff I have ever seen
I'm with Gonzo on this one...HBK definately carried the torch.

He carried the torch after Brett, then wrestled Stone Cold with a broken back to pass it on to him.
For there's a few.
1. WMXII Shawn Beats Bret for the title in the Iron Man Match.
2. Shane Douglas creates the ECW belt
3.The BWO.
4. The WWF invades the ECW arena.
Another great moment was the wrestlemania match between Austin & Bret Hart, that is when Austin trully proved himself to be 'the man'. When Hart had him in the sharp shooter and the blood was flowing down austins face, into his mouth.. that is one image I will never forget.
1)Mankind and Undertaker in Hell in the Cell
2)Bret hart vs Stone Cold
3)Piper's Pit with Snuka
4)When Undertaker rose to the rafters in the casket match.
5)Austin driving in a beer truck at raw.
6)Austin and Mike Tyson
7)Dx showing up at Nitro
8)Ultimate Warrior vs Randy Savage in the retirement match when Savage and Elizabeth reunited. Hit my sensitive side.
9)Shane showing up on Nitro
10)Mae Young getting powerbombed from Bubba ray Dudley off the ramp onto a table.
11)Kat showing her breasts on PPV.
12)Paul Heyman doing that shoot interview on Smackdown on Vince
13)Shawn Michaels vs Scott Hatt 1st ladder match.
14)First Tables, ladders and Chairs match with Edge and Christian, Hardyz and Dudleyz.
15)The night Hall and Nash showed up on Nitro.
DX storms in on the WCW arena in army gear in attempts to free Nash & Hall.