CDIH

Full Version: Upcoming movies you're excited about - 2002 better than 2001? hope so
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What are some of the upcoming movies of this year you're looking forward to

* Storytelling (I know it's out I haven't seen it yet)
* Spider Man
* Bond 20
* Star War 2
* Death to Smoochy
* Super Troopers
* Panic Room
* Blade 2
* Big Trouble
* The Cat's Meow
* Insomnia
* Minority Report
* MR. Deeds

Edited By IkeaBoy on Feb. 07 2002 at 4:05
blade 2, xXx, austin powers 3, super troopers looks alright.
:EDIT: spider man looks cool too.

Edited By HyBriD on Feb. 07 2002 at 4:02
Austin Powers looks great! Midgets are always funny...but did you hear that the MPAA might block them from using the title "Goldmember"? Fucking censoring old farts...
spiderman
queen of the damned
two towers
attack of the clones (or whatever it is)
but the name "freddy got fingered" is an acceptable title. bastards. goldmember would have been a great name. :burnfucker:

Edited By HyBriD on Feb. 07 2002 at 4:18
Big Trouble (god i hope they do the book justice and it doesn't suck)
Austin Powers 3

I'll probably see attack of the clones and two towers, but i really don't expect much from them.
Panic room looks good. I'd also go to Super Troopers, Goldmember.. and the Bond movie I didn't know was there till Ikea said so.
Goldmember is dropped, as far as I understand it...just gonna push it as Austin Powers 3.

Spiderman - commercials of it look good

Bad Company - (hate the director and producer, but a movie with Chris Rock and Anthony Hopkins piques my interest)

Scorpian King, b/c there's always room for a good battle movie as long as they don't muck it up

Gangs of New York

Knockaround Guys - Mob Caper film with John Malkovich, Barry Pepper, Vin Diesel, Seth Green & Dennis Hopper

Road to Perdition - Paul Neuman & Tom Hanks in a mob movie, with Hanks playing a Mob hitman avenging his wife's death

Men in Black 2 - I didn't particularly like the 1st one, but watching it on cable, it's grown on me

Minority Report - The preview for it was boring, but it's got to be good...right?

Attack of the Clones - yeah i'll see it, but in my opinion, Lucas has ruined the series

Two Towers - Best movie of last year (besdies Memento) actually gets the sequels in the next corresponding year, not 3 years between...amazing. One can only hope that the Matrix series does the same

Insomnia - Speaking of Memento here's the new movie by the director of Memento, starring Al Pacino, Hilary Swank, and Robin Williams as the bad guy

Confessions of a Dangerous Mind - An adaptation of the memoir of Gong Show host Chuck Barris, in which he purports to have been a CIA hitman. George Cloony makes his directing debut & stars in it with the script from the scribe of Being John Malkeovich

Red Dragon - The prequel to Silence of the Lambs, with Hopkins and Ed Norton Jr. facing off

Star Trek: Nemesis - please be good, please.

Bourne Identity - Matt Damon as an amnesia victim who has deadly skills, but doesn't know who he is, directed by Go & Swinger's director, Doug Liman

The Panic Room - David Fincher directs Jodie Foster

Edited By Gooch on Feb. 07 2002 at 5:16
Behind GoldMember- it's not being dropped because it's offensive. It's bein forced to be dropped by court because MGM is sueing New Line claiming that it's too close to Goldfinger so NL has to change the title and possibly the name of the new villain to something different. (You have to know these things when you're a mod you know)

I remember seeing the trailer for Knockaround Guys like 2 years ago and it looked good then.

The Rules of Attraction- Rogery Avery directs the very good Bret Easton Ellis book. And any teaser trailer that gives a tip o' the hat to ACO is A'OK in my book.

Death To Smochy is the Dark Comedy with Norton, Stewart and Robin Williams about a former Kids popular TV character (Williams) trying to kill the guy who took his job (Norton)

Edited By IkeaBoy on Feb. 07 2002 at 6:09
I am really looking forward to the fantasy flick 'Ikea Gets laid'. That movie looks like it's gonna rawwwwwk!<font color=white>

Edited By SLASH on Feb. 07 2002 at 6:12
Man, Queen of the Damned is just going to fuckin suck. This piece of shit was alledgedly headed straight for rental till the plane went down. Shit, I shouldn't say that Jeff might get pissed.

Oh wait, that lame assed censoring F tard isn't here. Never mind.

This movie will just outright suck!
Sean Cold Wrote:Man, Queen of the Damned is just going to fuckin suck. This piece of shit was alledgedly headed straight for rental till the plane went down. Shit, I shouldn't say that Jeff might get pissed.

Oh wait, that lame assed censoring F tard isn't here. Never mind.

This movie will just outright suck!
yeah, word on that movie is that, like Rollerball, it's a complete turd.
Resident Evil 3/15

E.T. gets rereleased 3/22

Jason X 4/26

The Sum Of All Fears (5/31) with Ben Affleck taking over Harrison Ford/Alec Baldwin role as Jack Ryan in this movie based on a Tom Clancy novel. The Muslim terrorists of the novel have been modernized for the film to be European neo-Nazi terrorists. European neo-Nazi terrorists get their hands on a lost nuclear device, and set about on their plans to use it at the Super Bowl. The plan is to disguise the attack as being caused by Russia, in the hopes of rekindling the Cold War. Luckily, young CIA analyst Jack Ryan (Affleck) is on the case.

The Crocodile Hunter: Collision Course , yes thats right the Croc Hunter movie. Its gonna be GOOOOOORGEOUS! (6/28)
The premise is the story of how Steve Irwin, host of The Crocodile Hunter on cable's Animal Planet, becomes involved with a CIA agent's search for a missing spy satellite (the electronic beacon from which a crocodile swallows). You gotta be fucking kidding me.

The Adventures of Pluto Nash starring Eddie Murphy (8/26) and yes Jay Mohr as his best friend, a popular Italian singer. The premise: Pluto Nash (Murphy), the owner of a nightclub on the Moon in 2087, finds himself in hot water when he refuses to sell his club to the local mob. Yeah, ok.

Friday After Next (11/27) still no Chris Tucker. Friday aint Friday without Chris. Ice Cube still whoring up this franchise.

Analyze That (12/6) Dinero and Crystal again. Premise: As the movie opens, Paul Vitti (De Niro) is in prison, with the story then following what happens as he's let out. Undoubtedly, he'll be needing to see his analyst, Dr. Ben Sobel (Crystal), but what may surprise him is that now, Sobel is the one who needs an analyst, as the stress of taking over the family practice following the death of his father bears down on him.

Edited By Keyser Soze on Feb. 07 2002 at 11:34
Queen of the Damned the trailer made it look like shit, the reviews say the trailer is genius compared to the movie.

Jason X saw, didn't care for.

Analyze That- didn't care for the first one.
Why do they have to fuck up perfectly good Anne Rice vampire books by making that garbage. I guess if an actors dies before a movie gets releases, it's a goldmine for the studios...but how the hell could she play Akasha! That's just wrong...

I'm boycotting the new Friday movie, the last one just sucked

I hope the Scorpion King makes tons of money...so the Rock can become an actor and retire from wrestling...

lots of sequels this year, that I'll probably go see
Spitfire Wrote:it's a goldmine for the studios...but how the hell could she play Akasha!
look at the bright side, she won't play it again
Quote:look at the bright side, she won't play it again

true, but they won't make another cause they fucked this one up...sorry, still gonna see it. have waited too long, and a bad movie in a good theater isnt all bad
To tell you the truth, The only thing I have on my must see list is Spiderman, other than that...eh