CDIH

Full Version: We're getting the band together! - Fantasy....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In an effort to spark some creativity in this forum besides lyrics posting...

Let's say you are quite musically gifted..and are going to start your own band. What would you do in the band (or what instrument would you play?)

What other musicians (they have to be living) would you have in the band? what would your band be named?
I'm in a band but if I had a fantasy band, heres my lineup...

Vocals: Moi
Lead Guitar: Jimi Hendrix
Rhythm Guitar: John Lennon
Drums: Keith Moon
Keyboards: Trent Reznor
Turntabilist: Grandmaster Flash

Holy shit that would rock.

We would open our first gig at the Filmore.
Spitfire Wrote:What other musicians (they have to be living) would you have in the band? what would your band be named?
Quote:Lead Guitar: Jimi Hendrix
Rhythm Guitar: John Lennon
Drums: Keith Moon

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I am taking Kenny Aronoff on Drums

Edited By SLASH on Feb. 08 2002 at 12:00
well..i am musically gifted...and my band would just be me...me me ME!11! Smile no need for others to try and steal my fame :bouncer:
damn, my reading comprehension sucks.

Ok....

Vocals: Moi
Lead Guitar: Joe Satriani
Rhythm Guitar: James Hetfield
Bass: Flea
Drums: Ginger Baker
Keyboards: Trent Reznor
Turntabilist: Grandmaster Flash

Our name: "Box"

Edited By Keyser Soze on Feb. 08 2002 at 3:37
Keyser Soze Wrote:Lead Guitar: Joe Satriani
satriani is ridiculous...him and eric johnson just leave me in awe sometimes.

my band:

Vocals: Chris Carraba
Lead Guitar: Me
Rhythm Guitar: James Iha
Drums: Carter Beuford
I don't know exactly what style of music would come out, but I think it would be fascinating to throw these guys in a room together and tell them to write an album.

Vocals - Mike Patton (faith no more, mr bungle, fantomas, etc.)/Trent Reznor (nin)
Guitar - King Buzzo (melvins)
Guitar - Duane Denison (jesus lizard)
Bass - Jaco Pastorius (al dimeola, joni mitchell, weather report, solo, pat metheny, herbie hancock, etc. etc. etc.)
Drums - Danny Carey (tool)

With this group, I'd be lucky enough to carry their equipment. But since its all fantasy, I'd play percussion/drums and sing.

The band name? Who the fuck knows, maybe..."Yet another side project for Mike Patton". Although thats a little long.
damn you maynard you stole my singer. :fuckoff:

anyway, i would play bass, and since it's fantasy, i'll give myself some talent and sing backup too. eric would be my drummer, but if i didn't have to say that to avoid a beating, mike borden would be my drummer.
um, guitarist, lets see i dunno, satch is really good and stuff, but i think i'd want somebody not so good, cos i wouldn't want to look bad in front of mike. so, i guess just any of the guitarists that are playing in any of the bands that get played on mtv. except whoever plays for creed cos i'd be too tempted to kill him.
SLASH Wrote:
Spitfire Wrote:What other musicians (they have to be living) would you have in the band? what would your band be named?
Quote:Lead Guitar: Jimi Hendrix
JIMI LIVES!! damn IT!!

anyway...

Vocals...Robert Plant and Scott Weiland
Guitar... Kenny Wayne Shepherd - Lenny Kravitz
Drums... Raymond Herrera
Bass.... Rex "Rocker" Brown

Name... Bug House

Music... God(Buddah, whoever) only knows what these guys would sound like together.
Vocals: Froy
Guitar: Me

Not that I can play guitar, I just wanna bash him over the head with it next time he tries to sing 'Born To Run'
Im already in a band. Im quite satisfied with it.
Wormface Wrote:Im already in a band. Im quite satisfied with it.
WORD :p :p :moonie: :moonie:

Edited By GonzoStyle on Feb. 09 2002 at 5:00
My fantasy band...
The original line-up from HELMET...
With me added on guitar and vocals...