CDIH

Full Version: What are you d/l or buying?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What's some of the stuff you been buying or d/l recently?

Last night I got a few albums:

Coldplay - A Rush Of Blood To The Head

Nas - the Lost Tapes

Disturbed - Believe

Also d/l several covers of 'Wish you were here' by radiohead, the dead, pearl jam, some live versions.

So far I just listened to the Nas album, after pat cooper reccomended it. It's really good, a lot of gems on the album. Probably just as good if not better than Stillmatic.

Listened to a couple Disturbed songs just to get a feel, it fuckin rocked.
i'm waiting for the left rights cd to come from amazon.com. i called a bunch of places in staten island but no one had it, and it hasn't been coming up on kazaa :disappointed:
I've just been so busy with shit I can't really keep up with what's out, they closed the record shop by me. The other one we have is too expensive and I don't feel like trekking down to the mall most times. I heard the Coldplay cd was supposed to be great though, i'll listen to it tonight.
I d/l'ed the Thursday album Full Collapse last night (due to Hybrid and Sleeper mentioning the band in chat last night) and after listening to it once, I find it to be pretty solid. Aside from that, I really haven't had time to listen to or get a hold of any new music lately.
Last 3 albums I've bought were:

Boy Sets Fire - After the Eulogy (good, but not as heavy as I hoped)
Glassjaw - Worship & Tribute (not nearly as good as their first album)
The Clash - London Calling (no opinion as of yet)

and Hybrid sent me the Blindside album which has a couple of great songs on it, but the rest is eh.

other than that I've just been dloading random songs by bands like Cursive, Shai Hulud, Pretty girls make graves, you and i, refused, etc. Haven't had the patience to download full albums since audiogalaxy went away.
Well the best song, IMO on the Nas album is 'Everybodys Crazy' so give it a listen if you like it, d/l the album. It's on par with Illmatic and honestly better than stillmatic. Purple is also good, he digs at Puffy on it, Everbodys crazy is a diss on Jay-Z.

Edited By GonzoStyle on Sep. 27 2002 at 4:35
I bought:

John Mayer: Inside Wants Out
Disturbed: Believe
Counting Crows: Live at Dartmouth (bootleg)

I'm thinking of picking up a few more CDs, but I'm not 100% sure.
Quote:Counting Crows: Live at Dartmouth (bootleg)

Ahem.....share??? :-D :-D :-D
I recently bought

Disturbed-Believe

George Carlin-George Carlin On Comedy (Highly recommend this for Carlin fans, it's not a comedy cd but rather an interview he did in 98)

George Carlin-Complaints & Grievances (In my opinion the best stuff he has ever written)

Let's see, I also bought the Chili Peppers album a few weeks ago, beyond that I've randomly downloaded a bunch of live stuff
I honestly couldn't tell you the last CD, I bought.

I'm pretty sure it was in the 90s though.
Quote:George Carlin-Complaints & Grievances (In my opinion the best stuff he has ever written)

You are either nuts or I haven't listened to it enough times to fully appreciate it. I remember being pretty bored with that HBO special when it first came out. Either way this a bold statement.
It was good, not the best he'd ever done. Still good though.
I like it, I have all of his cd's and while they are all fucking funny I just like the delivery on this one.
Anybody know what's up with Kazaa lately? Everytime I try to download new songs it turns out to just be the chorus being looped. I'm trying to download the new Jurassic 5 album but so far I've only been able to get one song.

Gonzo, how's that new coldplay album?
Quote:Anybody know what's up with Kazaa lately? Everytime I try to download new songs it turns out to just be the chorus being looped. I'm trying to download the new Jurassic 5 album but so far I've only been able to get one song.
It's probably the record companies putting fake songs up, cause that's the only way they can get people to stop downloading them illegally at the moment.
Quote:Anybody know what's up with Kazaa lately? Everytime I try to download new songs it turns out to just be the chorus being looped.
That happened to me when I tried to download the new Counting Crows album. It was the first verse over and over again, on every song. I almost had the whole album downloaded before I realized it too!!! Very frustrating!! A very good friend keeps telling me he will get it soon for me....and here, I wait...stilll... Undecided
Quote:The Clash - London Calling (no opinion as of yet)
welcome out from under your rock!!

i havent purchased a CD in 4 years. yay piracy!!

i have been downloading alot of Belle and Sebastian
last cd i got....hmmmm probably arson - lacerate the sky
I've been using Kazaalite alot lately. I havent ran Into any loop problems, except that before the disturbed CD came out In stores, I downloaded the whole cd, and then right before I burned it, I figured out that It was all the same song, with the titles changed. I could have killed a baby I was so mad.
It's also funny when they have .mp3.vbs files shared as though they are songs and not viruses.

I had the looped chorus thing when I was trying to download Eminem's album. It may take an extra 30 minutes to find the right songs. Not that big of a deal.
Pages: 1 2