CDIH

Full Version: Just a quick survey of kiss - I know most think they are lame
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yes I do realize Kiss can be a lame assed band. They are the original band to know three cords but yet only play two of them. I just got in this odd mood to listen to them. While ripping the cd's to the hard drive, I came to the conclusion that I like these fuckers' music in between their make up phases. I admit that Rock 'n' Roll all nite is one of their better songs, but, other than that one, I really don't care for much shit before Lick It Up. Very strange.

When it comes to Kiss, I like shit like Heaven's on Fire, Hide Your heart, revenge[the album], etc. Then, i went on to notice that the last Kiss album I have is the rare Carnival of Souls: the Final Sessions. It was the final non make up album that was very limited in it's release. Shit, mine is a promotional copy I got from my buddy who worked at LIR a few years back.

So, which Kiss do you perfer music wise?
I really like the early shit...
Like before "Alive"...
They are still amazing live though...
I mean, shit...
They've had plenty of time to polish their act!
The stuff I've heard off of the "Psycho Circus" album is pretty rockin' too.
:fuggin:
Early KISS was the shit, hands down. hell I still have ALIVE on 8 track, and it still works. hell i am surprised my 8 track player still works.
Brokenjaw Wrote:Early KISS was the shit, hands down. hell I still have ALIVE on 8 track, and it still works. hell i am surprised my 8 track player still works.
I guess we should be happy that you didn't say you had it reel to reel.

I'm sorry, I just perfer when they actually tried to write a song instead of rehashing the same shit over and over.

Live show wise, they are one of the best when they doll themselves up. that i will give you.
Eddie ain't shit without David Lee Roth!!!!!
GonzoStyle Wrote:Eddie ain't shit without David Lee Roth!!!!!
Aww...
You miss Davey-Poo?
You shouldn't say things like that...
You are shit in my book... :loveya:
Quote:I guess we should be happy that you didn't say you had it reel to reel.

I fuckin wish I did, that would fuckin rock.
Quote:You are shit in my book... <!--emo&:loveya:
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM IN SLUGGO'S BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited By GonzoStyle on Feb. 09 2002 at 1:13
THEY DID A FUCKING DISCO ALBUM YOU CUM-SLAMMERS.
Sephiroth Wrote:THEY DID A FUCKING DISCO ALBUM YOU CUM-SLAMMERS.
Seph...
We have done our best to put that out of our memories...
Now you've brought it back to the surface!
::Runs to the shower with a scouring pad::
I feel sooooo DIRTY!!!
::Sobs::
Gene Simmons doesn't view music as an art. He sees it as a marketing vehicle.
Quote:Eddie ain't shit without David Lee Roth!!!!!

Funny you say that, Gonzo.

Everytime I hear "Domino," I think it is a David Lee Roth Vocal in the beginning until I hear, well, 'Domino.'

As far as a preference, the songs I do like come from both, make-up and no makeup , phases of their career. However, I am not a fan, in the sense of the word.
AdolescentMasturbator Wrote:Gene Simmons doesn't view music as an art. He sees it as a marketing vehicle.
As does 95% of all musicians do. They are all init for the money and the Fame.
Just for the record I hate David Lee Roth and Eddie Van Halen and in my opinion 'Van Halen' one of the most over-rated bands of all-times as is Eddie one of the most over-glorified guitarists, he is not that great.
GonzoStyle Wrote:Just for the record I hate David Lee Roth and Eddie Van Halen and in my opinion 'Van Halen' one of the most over-rated bands of all-times as is Eddie one of the most over-glorified guitarists, he is not that great.
I agree, while they are ok, they are no Jay-Z :p
SLASH Wrote:I agree, while they are ok, they are no Jay-Z :p
fo' shizzle my nizzle.
KISS saves Santa rocks. It had to be said.
Brokenjaw Wrote:
AdolescentMasturbator Wrote:Gene Simmons doesn't view music as an art. He sees it as a marketing vehicle.
As does 95% of all musicians do. They are all init for the money and the Fame.
And that's why 95% of music sucks balls.
Quote:As does 95% of all musicians do. They are all init for the money and the Fame.
Forget about the fact that this statement is garbled and confusing...
Coming from someone who seems to really be into his music,
This is laughable...
Most musicians, yes, would truly love to be able to make a living at what they love to do...
But that is icing on the cake for them if they can...
Gene Simmons is pretty fucking disgusting, the way he markets EVERYTHING...
He is not the norm, the man is a pompous, arrogant, asshole.
If he wasn't a musiscian...
I could see him being a corporate attorney.
Sluggo Wrote:
Quote:As does 95% of all musicians do. They are all init for the money and the Fame.
Forget about the fact that this statement is garbled and confusing...
Coming from someone who seems to really be into his music,
This is laughable...
Most musicians, yes, would truly love to be able to make a living at what they love to do...
But that is icing on the cake for them if they can...
Gene Simmons is pretty fucking disgusting, the way he markets EVERYTHING...
He is not the norm, the man is a pompous, arrogant, asshole.
If he wasn't a musiscian...
I could see him being a corporate attorney.
Gene Simmons was on NPR saying how NPR should stop worrying about reporting the news and try to make it more marketable. I hope the man dies.
Pages: 1 2