CDIH

Full Version: End of car leases - What to do?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm approaching the end of my car's lease and i'm trying to decide what to do. I have a few options.

1) I can finance the rest of what I owe and buy the car.
2) I can try and sell it privately before next month.
3) I can just give it back next month.

Its a nice truck, a silver 99 Pathfinder LE, fully loaded, in perfect condition, garage kept and cleaned and waxed regularly with 70k miles on it. I'm kinda sick of driving a truck and would like to get a new car so I think option 1 is out. I'm wondering if I could make some cash selling it privately instead of just giving it back.

Any suggesstions?
If you finance the balance you just paid double what the car is worth. I know leasing helps avoid the down payment and crap, but hopefully you learned not to lease again. If you can sell it, that's your best option. Check kellybluebook.com for the wholesale, retail and private sale market value.
boys who drive pathfinders are sexy.
its worth about 17k, i'm willing to sell it for somewhere around there. know any good places online to sell?

anyone ever tried car cash?
I just went through two car sales with my son on ebay. What a disaster. One that sold the winning bidder now wants to make payments. The second didn't sell at the reserve price but we got an email from a guy in Vermont that made a reasonable offer but we waited 3 weeks to get his check. Plus ebay wants to charge me a percentage of the sale and neither one sold, cash in hand from the bidders.
ok, i was thinking ebay, thanks for the heads up.

hey look at that guys, if you buy my car VG will think you are HOT! ;-)
Keyser, I tried car cash with my last car. What you can do is fill out their FAX form with general information about your ride and they'll FAX you back a "range" of values of your car....depending upon mileage, options, condition...so on. I ended up not selling my car to them, mainly because coming into Manhattan with a car and trying to leave without one can be a hassle. But, I did use the information when I went to a dealership to trade it in on what I'm driving now. It just gives you another point of reference. Like OAS said, try kbb.com, or edmunds.com, both are pretty accurate resources to determine wholesale and retail values :thumbs-up:
Quote:hey look at that guys, if you buy my car VG will think you are HOT!

yes, i will. i dont know what it is about boys who drive pathfinders...mmm mmm :-D
I'll be driving one indefinitely, wanna take a spin? ;-)
attracted by the car a man drives?
you just blew the image i had of you
she loved me when i was driving a big wheel.
If you believe that GW.....then you'll believe that she and I had sex last night all because of a new shirt I bought.
Quote:you just blew the image i had of you
Come on GW, big boobs, long legs and blonde? That allows enough room for some other flaws.
is this when we find out VG is really a man and that all you are faegs?
Quote:attracted by the car a man drives?
you just blew the image i had of you

its not like i go out and look for boys who drive pathfinders...just the ones that i have encountered, so to say, i have found incredibly sexy.
and now i want you to tell me what this image is that you have of me. please.

Quote:she loved me when i was driving a big wheel.

ahhh, the plastic wheels,the bumpy concret beneath us and the wind in our hair...those where the days.

Quote:If you believe that GW.....then you'll believe that she and I had sex last night all because of a new shirt I bought.

it wasn't the shirt...it was cause you told me you drove a pathfinder ;-)

Quote:Come on GW, big boobs, long legs and blonde? That allows enough room for some other flaws.

yeah...cause thats all i am :-(
it wuz really a joke but i'll still answer the question

but maybe i should put it in that other thread :clueless:
yes please do that. and im not a man for goodness sakes!
the funny thing is, if she said "guys in jetta's <sic> are sexy" you'd be eating it up with a spoon
guys who drive jetta's are homo's. we've already had that debate.
Pages: 1 2