CDIH

Full Version: Final message on o&a.com
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
OA.com Is Closed

The wild ride has finally come to an end. It is sad that things must close on such a sour note, but there is no avoiding it. This will be my final message before any decision is reached about what will happen to the name and where or what it will lead to.

There were a lot of good times & bad times here. The 1st Anniversary Party, the Bar 9 gigs, the Pool Tourney, nights at WWF-NY, etc. Some people formed great friendships. Some found people we truly love (here's where I say hello to Fayth. Hi, angel!). There were a lot of laughs, and a lot of moments of pain or frustration.

When you leave after reading this, remember those fond memories, those fun moments, the inside jokes and laughs that you had. I never claimed to be perfect, or to always make the right decisions. Anyone who thought it was easy to sit here and walk in my shoes can kiss my ass. I never took credit for this site's success, but not one of you has any clue what it was like to sit back here and try to manage this crew. To any of you who doubt what this site meant to me, fuck you. To those of you who think you know who or what I am, and feel the need to judge my actions past or present, fuck you. Only a handful of people here can truly say that they know me, and what type of person I am. Those are the people I can call my true friends. Jennifer, Ron & Jen, Joey, Tom, Kev, Mike, Brian, Sean, and anyone else I am forgetting, you know who you are. Thank you.

I want to thank some of the people who made this site great. First of all, thanks must go to the guys, to Anthony, Opie, the whole supporting gang, Steve C., Rich, Jim, Joe, Bill, everyone who helped this site out in both official and unofficial capacities.

Thank you to all of the loyal moderators past & present who volunteered their time and efforts and who I could trust to act in my name when I couldn't be on the site. Those of you who stuck it out and remained loyal to the end did more work than I could ever repay you for.

Thanks to Vin, who started this site with me almost 3 years ago in an attempt to get more traffic to The Hell Hole. It's funny how things wind up taking on a new purpose & meaning over time, huh?

Thank you to the members who came and went, who were loyal and who came here to have fun. Not to the nut-cases that came here to feed their egos and self-righteousness, but to the common ordinary user who just wanted to talk about the show or kill some time with some interesting and humorous conversation. It was these users who made the site great, not the ego driven ones, but the people who realized it was just a message board, just the internet, and would never be anything but a place to talk and socialize online.

Fuck you to the back-stabbing, two-faced pieces of shit who felt like martyring themselves at the expense of others, especially the ones who were relied upon to help run this site at one point or another. Fuck you to the hypocrites, the liars, and the handful of people who polluted this site like the trash they were. To the mentally deranged, the disloyal, the untrustworthy, the self-righteous, and those who stood on soapboxes, you aren't worth naming, but we all know how empty and pathetic your lives are. Do yourselves all a favor and put guns in your mouth for the good of mankind.

It's sad that the actions of a few cowardly and gutless people had to ruin a great creation, and destroy the bond that held together a lot of well-meaning and friendly people.

To the majority of the members, who were here to have fun and not cause problems, thank you for visiting and participating in the OA.com community, I wish you all the best success and joy that life has to offer. To the others in the minority, may you continue to lead miserable lives and die slowly day by day, you deserve nothing better.

~Froy/Matt

A special message from Rich Vos: "Fuck Afrika, X-filed, and TFEC, Rich Vos always wins in the end! RichVos.com!
Nice to see you have not lost your ability to cut and paste :thumbs-up:
It's been a while. Figured Froy was ripping a lot of people on this board and some people might be interested in what the Asshole had to say.
This is Deja Vu.
Or is it vuja de?
Metal, unless you checked in over the weekend, you must be scrambling to read about all the shit that went down.
BM...if it is everything that started on Thurs/Fri, I have somewhat of an idea, although I obviously don't know all the details or how/when the final determination(s) were made to shut down oa.com. Thankfully Froy gave me the synopsis....well, his view of the story anyway :thumbs-up:
Quote:Fuck you to the hypocrites, the liars, and the handful of people who polluted this site like the trash they were. To the mentally deranged, the disloyal, the untrustworthy, the self-righteous
Ok, is it just me or is anyone else struggling with who's who here? Just like Froy to beat around the bush.

Quote:Thank you to all of the loyal moderators past & present who volunteered their time and efforts and who I could trust to act in my name when I couldn't be on the site.
What a pompus ass. :rofl:
Quote:Jennifer, Ron & Jen, Joey, Tom, Kev, Mike, Brian, Sean

I said in another thread, I'll say it again: what a bunch of losers.

Edited By Buttmunch on 1034600377
Whats a quoote? :-D
That my friend is a typo.
I know that, silly. The big smiley face was supposed to represent that I was just funnin' with ya.
I am curious how the quote still worked being mis-spelled, though.
Quote:There were a lot of good times & bad times here. The 1st Anniversary Party, the Bar 9 gigs, the Pool Tourney, nights at WWF-NY, etc. Some people formed great friendships.
Right on.

Quote:It was these users who made the site great, not the ego driven ones, but the people who realized it was just a message board, just the internet, and would never be anything but a place to talk and socialize online.
OK, now I'm confused. Which is it? A place to go hang out with each other? Or just the internet? :clueless:
i think hes a lil confused
i think he uses whatever he can to his advantage wherever it fits
I'm surprised he didn't link OTL as an alternative place to go to.
im confused why vos gets the last word
Thankfully, this is the last we (well, maybe most of us) will ever have to hear from him.
Danked <3 Froy.
Quote:That was there the other day - and for maybe 15 minutes today, before the hosting account was turned off, OA.com was redirecting to OTL automatically.
I didn't notice that - I just got the the manifesto. So now I guess his OTL hit stats are gonna go from 2 to 0 :lol:
Pages: 1 2 3