CDIH

Full Version: Cellphone banning?!?!?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Banned on Buses and Subway?

OK, this is rediculous. I can understand theaters. Even her talk of a system to force all cell phones to silent mode in theaters. But, banned on buses and subways? What about when some idiot pulls the emergency brake and you have to tell your boss your running late?

This is just excessive.
i've yet to been able to get a cellphone to work on the subway. can someone tell me what model phone and service will allow you to do that?
Quote:Councilman Philip Reed, of East Harlem, has introduced the resolution, which, even if passed, would not be binding on the Metropolitan Transportation Authority, a state agency.
Relax...MTA can do whatever they want to...Screw the Councilman...
Quote:i've yet to been able to get a cellphone to work on the subway. can someone tell me what model phone and service will allow you to do that?
cigular, nokia 8260. i was using mine the other day a few times on my way from penn station to my brothers college, up on 242nd street
you have a space phone, just like FTL
My phone works in the subway. I use Verizon. And it's the blah blah blah model. (ok, i dont remember the model name)
I'm not sure about the subway, but Verizon has a special antenna in Penn Station, allowing them to get reception there.

And it is ridiculous to ban cell phones on public transportation. Are we next going to get "courtesy police" to enforce riders acting politely to each other?