CDIH

Full Version: Redone video games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm sitting here today looking at some website and there's a pop up ad for DEFENDER. I look it over and it's just a rehash of the old game with better graphics, etc. Does anyone else think they should knock this shit off and concentrate on new games, instead of redoing it 20 years later and trying to rewrite history?? It was fine the first time.
i agree
they're making a new contra.....do you have a problem with that? I certainly don't.
i do. you can't re-create the goodness of contra.
well the psx versions couldn't, but i have seen screen shots of the new game (Shattered Soldier). Looks pretty good. I believe it's mostly side scrolling, but with elements of depth. Kinda 2.5D rather than 3D. I highly doubt this game will suck, especially since the original design team is making Shattered Soldir.
another example: Cenitpede. One rehash(millipede) was enough
centipede is too simple a game to be able to be upgraded. Gameslike Contra or SpyHunter are games that could use a facelift.

Edited By QuickStop on 1034900376
the new spyhunter rocked almost as much as the old one
These games are much cooler in their original, albiet simple, format.

Nothing beats the original Defender, nothing.
::Shameless Plug:: Yeah but re-doing a game like Tecmo Super Bowl is ok, check it out at my site! SBlueman's Tecmo Super Bowl site ::Shameless Plug::
Quote:well the psx versions couldn't, but i have seen screen shots of the new game (Shattered Soldier). Looks pretty good. I believe it's mostly side scrolling, but with elements of depth. Kinda 2.5D rather than 3D. I highly doubt this game will suck, especially since the original design team is making Shattered Soldir.
yup, you're correct....contra: shattered soldier kicks ass!!

i got an advance copy of it and it is just as if not more annoying than the original
Quote:i got an advance copy of it and it is just as if not more annoying than the original
awesome! :thumbs-up:
Were'nt the PSX versions developed by another company? Might explain why they sucked ass
if not another company, a completely different design team. This is the original team again.
Spy Hunter is a game that needs to be re-done.... Astrosmash is not... Any games for the Atari should simply be relagated to emulators on the computer.
Imagine if they made a Spy Hunter that looked like Gotham Street Racing...I think they should re-do Contra...I sucked at the orginal so bad I could never get past the first level...
Quote:Spy Hunter is a game that needs to be re-done
they already did. its now a 007 game, in a car
I DON'T WANT 007. I WANT SPY HUNTER. STAT! (oops, just watches ER theater. Have I stated that I'm addicted to that show?)
shut up and rent it. you'll enjoy it
Spyhunter redux wasn't as much fun as the old arcade game.

Don't get me wrong the graphics kicked ass but it's still limited in the type of game play available to you the player.

Hitman 2 now that game rocks. Fuck being a silent assassin. Mass-Murder is the shit! Can't wait for GTA4:Vice City.
Pages: 1 2