CDIH

Full Version: Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
theres no sound :poke:
brilliant observation ebert
it also seems to be in black and white
I don't get it.
It's not supposed to make any sense, it's surrealistic like his paintings. The sound would have been a live orchestra in the theater. Lots of sexual imagery too, way ahead of its time in the 1920's, it must have pissed people off.

One of the best parts of my history of motion picture class is that I had the opportunity to watch stuff like this, and movies like Metropolis, The Battleship Potempkin. Old weird movies are cool :thumbs-up:
mine didn't play :disappointed:
Do I have to actually watch it, or can I just say it's stupid now?
Oh, I didn't actually click the link...
Dali wasn't much of a filmmaker. Warhol's work also wasn't anything to write home about.
Quote:Warhol's work also wasn't anything to write home about.

Thank you.

IT WAS A FUCKIN CAN OF SOUP.
warhol: product of junk culture...throwing it back in the semblance of art. conceptually at the time, it was interesting for about 15 minutes.

Dali is nice...more of an Illustrator than a painter...

Magritte is the SHIT.

[Image: magritte.jpg]
The eyeball slicing part gave me the willies. I keep touching my eye now. Disturbing. and Dali has some amazing paintings.
Fucking fruity artist.
oh great, now maymay's gonna start posting about all these cool old weird movies he's been watching
hey Spit, here's what the steps from "Battleship Potemkin" look like today:Odessa
There is a memorial to the sailors killed just up the road, here's a pic:
[Image: bw%20odessa%20monument.jpg]

Very Soviet Art-Deco...
It was pretty cool standing where the actual incident happened, and knowing the film made it that much more meaningful.
Its too FUCKING EARLY for straight razor eye slashing!