CDIH

Full Version: Warren zevon on letterman now
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For those who care, or those who don't know who Warren Zevon is, tonight Tues he will be the only guest on Letterman, and he is going to play many of his weird songs.

it should be old school enjoyable. :lookatme:
Goddamn, I'm going insane. I genuinely thought he was dead. When I was flipping channels last night and I saw him on Letterman I just assumed it was a repeat.

I coulda sworn there was a thread on oa.com a while back about him dying. I distinctly remember people mentioning songs like "Lawyers, Guns, and Money". Anyone else remember something like that?
he is dying of lung cancer. has about a year left. i thought the whole show was very poignant
Quote:I coulda sworn there was a thread on oa.com a while back about him dying. I distinctly remember people mentioning songs like "Lawyers, Guns, and Money". Anyone else remember something like that?

I do, because I was probably the only other person to post in that thread... :thumbs-up:

He has cancer and is dying. he talked a little about it last night. That is probably why Letterman had him as his only guest, since he seems to be a friend of the show.

He played something like 3 songs (including <a target="new" href="http://www.reallyrics.com/lyrics/W000600010012.asp">Roland The Headless Thompson Gunner</a> ) , unheard of for Letterman.
I got most of it recorded; I'll have to watch it tonight.
i heard some clips from it and he has such a great sense of humor about the whole deal. thats gotta be strange sitting there knowing you're spending your last days on earth. i wonder what i would do knowing that i would be leaving soon, how i would spend the short time i had left.

i thought it was funny he said that he believes he made a tactical error in not seeing a doctor in 20 years.
I gotta go and look up the line, but he also made some reference to goofing off in an AA meeting...

Edited By PeterDragon on 1036094973