CDIH

Full Version: Has been american idol
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This sounds way too funny. This would be awesome. So I guess Paula Abdul would be in it instead of judging. What are some other washed up singers who would be good for this show?

October 31, 2002 -- THE creator of "American Idol" is working on a spinoff show tentatively called "Second Chance Idol" - a reality show offering once-hot pop stars the chance to reclaim some of their past glory.
And they might win a new recording contract at the same time.

"It's where we go to people who have had a taste of fame, but sadly their candle has been snuffed," Simon Fuller told the European edition of Time magazine.

The show would follow the format of "American Idol," with viewers at home deciding which of the "fallen superstars" would get the recording contract and another shot at the Big Time.

It's not known, at this point, if "Second Chance Idol," like "American Idol," would include a panel of judges.

The possibility of "Idol" judge Simon "Mr. Nasty" Cowell berating, say, Leif Garrett, would make any TV network drool.

Fuller, who is one of the most-sought-after producers in TV following the phenomenonal success of "Idol," did not say specifically who he had in mind for the show.

But the magazine submitted some candidates of its own, including '80s teen sensation Deborah Gibson and teen pop idol Tiffany ("I Think We're Alone Now"), who was last seen posing in Playboy.

"People have that vision of me as a mall girl," Tiffany told Time. "It's time for me to reintroduce myself as an adult."

Fab Morvan, the surviving half of Milli Vanilli, has also been mentioned (his partner, Rob Pilatus, committed suicide in the wake of the duo's lip-synching Grammys scandal).

Fuller hopes to launch the show in the U.K. in February, with an eye toward an American launch next summer.

The "Fallen Idol" idea is only one of several talent-show type series he is working on.

Fuller has sold a reality show to ABC called "Superstar Girl" - a sort of variety show/beauty pageant featuring women between 18 and 24 years old.

He is also working with NBC on a remake of the '60s series "The Monkees," a musical group that was put together specifically for a TV series.

Fuller concedes there's a certain shelf life to his type of reality shows.

"You've got to get in there while it's hot and get out before it's cold," he told Time.
Put Flock of Seagulls on that stage and I am there.
this sounds f'n hilarious