CDIH

Full Version: Systimer.exe - ....trying to access the internet? huh?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just recently I put a personal firewall on both my pc's. Every now and then (about 3 or 4 times a day on my weekend pc) I will get a warning message that SYSTIMER.exe is trying to access the internet....do any of you pc saavy people know what this file is all about? Is it something I should be concerned with?

I've run the antivirus and also Ad-Aware (because this pc is the one I've had all file sharing programs on at one time or another) and it always comes up clean and clear.

Help. Please. :clueless:
just sick the Hell hounds on it
It's Jack's fault
always
Luna, just say yell at it

"You are the weakest link...Good bye"
OMIGOD!! LOL!!! GET OFF MY HILL!!1
Danked can fix it :thumbs-up:
No, I can't.
he'll just get it high
Fun Danked could've fixed it

Serious Danked is no fun :disappointed:
it comes with direct connect. you can read how to delete it <a href=http://and.doxdesk.com/parasite/DownloadReceiver.html target=blank>here</a>.
Quote:it comes with direct connect. you can read how to delete it here.
Aha! Thank you so much, Paperboy. :bow:
I truely appreciate your help. :-)
Was this always with Direct Connect?
And why doesn't Ad Aware pick it up?
(I hate it when stuff you trust lets you down)
I use DC and I don't have it - weird.
Quote:I use DC and I don't have it - weird.

See, you need to put a grammar and spell checking program on that PC Goat...... obviously you meant to type....

"I own DC and it has never given me a problem...... I'll forward your complaint to the technical service department, and quite honestly, on my previous orders it will be completely ignored. Of course, you WILL feel better because your voice has been heard, and.... well.... if not, I will pay exhorbitant amounts of money to ensure that your voice is never heard again."
Goat is rich

He does'nt need grammar
Quote:I use DC and I don't have it - weird.
Are you sure? I never even noticed it until I put the firewall on.
Quote:Goat is rich

He does'nt need grammar
What he said - besides, got grammar and spelling down - typing is my issue (one of them, anyway).
Quote:Are you sure? I never even noticed it until I put the firewall on
I'm positive. I ran a check for it last night once I read the link above about removing it. There wasn't even a reference to it in the registry (which usually occurs despite removing the program from the PC) so it would seem I never had it. I run Adaware religiously each weel and aside from the usual Adtracker cookies, it hasn't picked up anything like this.

At least you removed it, most people would just let it run and forget about it.

Quote:I own DC and it has never given me a problem...... I'll forward your complaint to the technical service department, and quite honestly, on my previous orders it will be completely ignored. Of course, you WILL feel better because your voice has been heard, and.... well.... if not, I will pay exhorbitant amounts of money to ensure that your voice is never heard again."
You're a big fan of tech support too, eh?