CDIH

Full Version: Rip dear dr. smith...... - Oh you were so very naughty...whoooooaaa
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Jonathan Harris, the flamboyantly fussy actor who portrayed the dastardly, cowardly antagonist Dr. Zachary Smith on the 1960's sci-fi show "Lost in Space," has died. He was 87.

Harris died Sunday from a blood clot in his heart while receiving therapy at an Encino-area hospital for a chronic back problem, family spokesman Kevin J. Burns said Monday.

Born Jonathan Charasuchin in the Bronx to Russian-Jewish immigrant parents, Harris adopted the stage persona of a classically trained British actor with his grandiloquent accent, crisp enunciation and professorial manner.

When people would ask him if he was from England, Harris would confess: "'Oh no, my dear, just affected,'" said Burns, a longtime friend and director of the 1998 documentary "Lost in Space Forever."

Harris also worked with Pixar Animation Studios in recent years, supplying the voice of Manny the preying-mantis magician in "A Bug's Life" and the elderly doll repairman in "Toy Story 2."

"Lost in Space," which ran on CBS from 1965 to 1968, was a sci-fi takeoff on the "Swiss Family Robinson" story in which the castaway clan was trapped amid the uncharted fathoms of space instead of on a deserted island.

Harris' character, Dr. Smith, was a saboteur who caused the Robinson family's ship, Jupiter II, to fly off course — but he also found himself trapped with them in the craft.
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :-(
Quote:has died. He was 87.

Yeah a tragedy, fuckin time hog.
Funniest 20 minutes of radio I ever heard.
I guess he won't be able to make a cameo in Lost In Space 2.
I hope no one makes a cameo in Lost in Space II.
Agreed - Matt LeBlanc was the only saving grace in that movie Rolleyes
I did'nt mind seeing Heather Grahm in a skintight outfit
Better joke would have been not minding seeing Lacey Chabert in the skin tight outfit