CDIH

Full Version: Gnr fans riot.... - Will axl ever learn?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well it looks like the Chinese Democracy tour started with a bang last night in Vancouver. Will Axl ever learn to show up for a gig on time??

Quote:VANCOUVER, British Columbia (Reuters) -- The start of rock band Guns N' Roses' first North American tour since 1993 turned into a disaster as angry fans rioted when lead singer Axl Rose failed to show up for the concert.
Dozens of people threw rocks at police and security guards and smashed windows at the General Motors Place arena in downtown Vancouver late Thursday, when promoters canceled the show at the last minute.

"Axl is going to pay," one man could be heard yelling at a television camera as a group of fans in the background were seen ramming a bicycle rack into the arena's doors, breaking the glass.

Concert promoters said Rose was unable to get to Vancouver because of airplane problems in California.

Vancouver was supposed to be the first stop in the band's tour to promote their soon-to-be released "Chinese Democracy" album. The band is scheduled to play Friday night in Tacoma, Washington.
Anyone who paid for GNR tix and didnt see this coming, deserves to lose thier cash.

Confusedmokey:
Yeah i guess that's why the garden sold out in 15 minutes.
I was, back in the day, a huge fan of GnR. That being said, I always heard they kinda sucked in concert (my brother saw them with Metallica). All in all, I agree with Freddy.
Quote:Yeah i guess that's why the garden sold out in 15 minutes.
No denying it, they still draw a crowd. I dont get it... they were incredible when they were at thier peak but that was a long time ago.
Not to mention the fact Slash is absent.....I really dont get it.
Quote:my brother saw them with Metallica

Not really the best tour to bring up since they notoriously got outplayed by Metallica night in and night out...In their day they were amazing, and I almost got tickets just to see what they sound like today (hey, I could always leave)

I think I'll wait until the rest of the members tour, apparentlly they are reuniting, just the chance to see Slash live again will be worth the entrance fee.
I saw that tour with Metallica and i think they were good. Both bands were good. And Faith No More opened and they sucked.I've seen them live almost every time they came to New York. Including the MTv special in 87 at the ritz. Axl's voice isnt that great live but the show itself is great.
Mike Patton roolz you Pat. You should bow to his greatness.
Quote:And Faith No More opened and they sucked
i always had a funny feeling i didn't like patcooper, never could figure out why...
Please they sounded like shit. Their sound people should ahve been fired after that night. You had 80,000 people waiting for the two biggest bands in the country and mike patton is rolling around on the stage doing his dead fish act. They sucked.

Oh and CRX is feeling is very very mutual my dear.

Edited By PatCooper on 1036853797
Quote:Not to mention the fact Slash is absent.....

Hi Freddy :lookatme:
xxxx xxxx xxxx 7238
exp 07/04

2 please.

Confusedmokey:
Without Slash it is not GNR...Call them the Axl Rose Circus... :burnfucker: What the fuck is a "buckethead"?
This would be what a buckethead looks like.

[Image: home_one_sheet_06.jpg]
I agree that its no longer really GNR, but you can't blame Axl for this one.
Quote:Rose was unable to get to Vancouver because of airplane problems in California.

It's not like the god old days, when Axl would be backstage making fans wait forever cuz he wasn't "feelin it."
i bet thats really SLASH under that bucket.
And it happens again.

I just got back from the cky show in farmingdale. They fucking rocked, but they also said that the GnR tour is over because of what happened last night. I don't know if it's been officially announced though.
you were there? it says cky opened. or were you at a different show.
Today at the Downtown in Farmingdale there was a battle of the bands. After that was over cky played for like an hour and 20 minutes. During the GnR tour CKy were doing club shows where they could if they had a day off and today would have been a day off. The show was only scheduled like 3 days ago. Jess said he didn't know about it until yesterday.
I saw them on thursday night at the garden. And CKY opened for them.
I heard the fans in philie really didnt riot though. Just some fights and shit. Nothing crazy
Pages: 1 2