CDIH

Full Version: My Monitor is about to give me a seizure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
My monitor every few seconds just flickers uncrontrollably at work. I think it is already starting to affect my work because when it does it I have to stop whatever I am doing and watch it. It's weird. I think I'm going to have a seizure soon.

If I don't make it, it was nice knowing you.
Uh-oh... I think it is going to explode... it's doing it more now.
degauss.
So what should I do with it once it finally dies?

<ul>
<li>Dispose of it Office Space Fax Machine Style
<li>Just throw it out
<li>Smash it on the ground
<li>Kick it
<li>Find some friends and go fishing with it in Lake Michigan.
</ul>
No Deguass, monitor is too old to have that. Its a 14 inch monitor.
I found a hammer. Think I could use it to fix the problem?
Make a fish tank.. or a bong. :fuggin:
Yeah, make a bong.
hmm..... a bong.... Interesting idea. I'm gonna need some hot glue, a small lead pipe, a welding torch, a cutting torch, and some weed. Whose with me?
We'll make an ultra bong.
Quote:Its a 14 inch monitor
I think it's time for an upgrade, jack. Get yourself a nice, new 19" monitor - your eyes will thank you for it.

And I would get rid of it Office Space Style - just because that was one of the best scenes in the movie :-D
I don't get a choice in what I get. Corporate offices send what they have :-(
put in a requisition for it then - tell them you need a larger screen for your eyes. Get your eye doctor to write up a letter if you need to (it worked for me, but my eyes really are shitty).
An alternate version of what Goatweed said....

casually mention that your eyes have really been bothering you, and you might have to file a workman's compensation claim....

crissakes, monitors are dirt cheap. you can get a 17" monitor for, what, $129 now?
even my company isn't that cheap.
Besides the medical problem. Tell them a bigger monitor increases your computer's workspace, therefore increasing your productivity.
We are still using Pentium 1 166 machines with Windows NT 4.0.... if that gives you any idea of how cheap they are.
smash your face through it
I just figured out what to do with it. I'm bringing it with me next summer so I can decimate Hybrid with it.
or i can smash your face through it for you
Quote:Pentium 1 166 machines with Windows NT 4.0
can you even do anything with those specs? these machines should be in a museum, not on the job.
Pages: 1 2 3