CDIH

Full Version: FU to my new computer and its crashes. - it may be my own fault, but FU anyway
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, after suffering along with a pent-II 300 for quite a while, I finally got off my ass and built a new system.
Athlon XP 2000, new gigabyte 7VAXP motherboard with 512 DDR333 Corsair memory, and XP Pro.

When it runs, it runs great. But every so often I get stupid crashes, or worse, unintended re-boots. After typing most of a detailed reply or being in the middle of a download, or doing something painstaking, there is nothing more annoying than having the goddam computer reboot for no reason, losing all.

Now I know it is probably my own fault - I picked a motherboard that was brand new and might not have the bugs out yet, and Corsair DDR400 isn't "certified" (or so I found out later) to work with this board, but I have updated drivers, bios, and the memory is 333, not 400, so it shouldn't happen.

One of these days I'll play with voltages and stuff to try and stabilize, but you never know it will happen until it does - all you get is MS with its stupid driver error report (but it can't find which driver).
:twak: :damnpc: :fuckoff:
how big is the power supply?
Quote:how big is the power supply?
Antec 430 watts.
the power supply fan runs low rpm - to keep quiet, but the temp is fine - CPU ~52 deg C, sys temp 46 deg C.