CDIH

Full Version: Music Sharing sites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone have a good music sharing site. I hate Kazaa because of the spyware they use. I am using Limewire but i can't find anything on it lately. Any clues??? :bow: :bow:
Kazaa lite, same thing as Kazaa just without the spyware.

Beyond that Newsgroups and IRC
What is spyware? Kazaa is the only site I use, and now you got me confuzled.
They keep track of all the websites you go on.
Thank you.
I use direct connect, but only because I have the hub for my school's network. If you can find a good hub, try that.
I use a variety of Soulseek, Kazaalite, WinMX, and Audiognome.

Kazaalite and WinMx both allow you download from Multiple sources at once, which I like. That said, I tend to find more fake files there ( A verse of the song looped over and over for the lenght of the song). They also tend to return a more limited search results.

Audiognome is alot like napster used to be except it allows you to DL and search from multiple servers at once. It works alright, but it is slower than Kazaalite, and eats alot more bandwith to run. If you have a home network through a router, it will actually eat up so much bandwith at times that the other computers can't get online. Still it is a good option for those with a single computer running a high speed connection like Cable or Dsl.

Soulseek is the one I have been using the most lately. When it finishes a search it allows you to view upload speeds of those sharing, as well as how many transfers they are allowing at a time, and how many people are already qued to download from them. Overall very helpful. It takes it ques you based on first come first serve, so if you set up something at like 1am before bed, chances are it will be there in the morning. :thumbs-up: