CDIH

Full Version: Calling all 70's and 80's cartoon watchers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have this ongoing discussion with a guy here at work about the cartoon Shazam.

Was Shazam the cartoon with two kids with two rings? When the rings were put together, it would spell Shazam and Shazam the genie would come out and kick butt.
Wasn't that Shazam?

He thinks I am talking about the Wonder Twins but they didn't have rings or a genie guy that pops out. But they did put their fists together to activate their special power.

All I know is I remember a cartoon with two people (brother and sister I think) putting two rings together (one ring broken into 2 parts) and then someone pops out to defeat evil. I thought they said Shazam after putting the rings together but I could be wrong.

Could anyone help me with this?
The Wonder Twins were part of the Justice League. They had the purple suits and the monkey side-kick. They would put their rings together and say, "Wonder Twin powers, activate....form of (some water thing)....form of (an animal)". One twin could only turn into water/ice formations and one twin could only turn into an animal.

I don't really remember Shazam though, sorry. :-(
Was Shazaam a cartoon or live action?
There was one with a genie called Shazam, when the kids put the rings together and out popped the genie. Then they had the live action Shazam, Channel 2 I think it was in the late 70's. Then they had a cartoon Shazam, That was in the early 80's with Captain Marvel and Mary Marvel and little Capt. Marvel Jr. That's all I remember.
shazaam was the movie with shaq. brilliant work

edit - or was that kazaam or something? :clueless:

Edited By HedCold on 1037812183
SHAZZAN!!!! That was it.. i would recognize that beard anywhere!! SWEET!!!

Nice JimmyBlueEyes! Thanks everyone.
[Image: Kazam.jpg]
No problem at all dude. :toast:
I was flipping through the channels the other night and I caught G.I Joe. I couldn't even watch it for more than 5 minutes. I don't remember that cartoon being drawn that bad. :crackhead:
Shazaam was live action, with a "sister" show called Isis. The funny part about Shazaam is that he traveled the country in a fucking RV...that used to kill me. Here is this freaking super hero in a beat old RV....plus, he never wanted the girl....fucking fag!!! :lol: