CDIH

Full Version: Christmas Wish List
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, what's your geek wish list? What gadgets are you hoping to get this year?

I've never tried an electric razor. Are there any good ones? Are they more convenient than a good razor? Just doesn't seam worth a $100 to find out they suck.

And Tivo. I'm seriously thinking about Tivo.
dvds and money
Money, Splinter Cell, Money, My GF naked under my christmas tree with just a big bow tied around her, Money
I CANT WAIT UNTIL SOMEONE MAKES A CHRISTMAS STORY RELATED JOKE!!!! Rolleyes
I got an electric razor. They are good but it will take you up to a month to get used to it.

I want Tivo, but I'm not waiting till Christmas to get it.
i think i want an mp3 player. i need aplayer that has a radio and has atleast 1 gig of storage and small earphones. any suggestions?

as for tivo, it is one of the greatest inventions ever. i highly recomend it. the newer ones have a usb connection so you can download the program guides over the net. i have one of the older phone line ones and since i no longer pay for phone service, i can't download the guides.
my wish list in the regular thread had all electronics in it anyway. so i guess i'll quote myself:
Quote:- Top of the line Dell with huge-ass flat panel monitor
- 50 ft rj-45 cable
- Kick ass computer sound system
- a table to put it all on
- XBOX
- GameCube
- Cky DVD box set and cky4 dvd
- Best Buy certificates
i just asked everyone for money and made sure they understood. I'm probably gonna get either an emachines 2085 or the next model up if i have enough cash. It's the best for what Im gonna be able to afford. Also getting a MAG 17" flat screen monitor. Its $80 after mail in rebates at best buy.
I just want this...

[Image: 11123516anA.jpg]

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>PRODUCT FEATURES
1080i (HDTV) display capability when combined with an optional high-definition source

IDSC-Pro (Intelligent Digital Scan Conversion) system upgrades standard 480i signals to either 540p or 1080i, with Cinema Mode 3-2 pulldown for smooth reproduction of film-derived sources

Split-screen 2-tuner picture-in-picture

Advanced digital video noise reduction system cleans up the picture

High-contrast PowerFocus HC lens system with TouchFocus auto convergence for a consistently sharp picture

Built-in high-contrast TheaterShield screen guard

3D Y/C digital comb filter reduces unwanted visual artifacts

16:9 aspect ratio is ideal for anamorphic DVD and digital TV broadcast signals; TheaterWide modes offer display options for 4:3 content

30-watt stereo audio system with Sub Bass System, SRS 3D simulated surround sound and center-channel audio input for use in lieu of a separate center-channel speaker in home theater applications

2 sets of ColorStream HD wideband component video inputs; 3 A/V inputs with S-video (1 front, 2 rear); 2 rear coaxial RF inputs; 1 A/V output with fixed/variable audio output</span>
More xmas wish lists threads, now that would be cool.

Confusedmokey:
blueberry creme threads > Christmas wish threads
I want a new drug
One that won't make me sick
One that won't make me crash my car
Or make me feel three feet thick
I want an unlimited credit limit (that i don't have to pay for) to best buy
Quote:I want an unlimited credit limit (that i don't have to pay for) to best buy

Just ask Uncle Goatweed, I'm sure he's embezzled more then enough to buy everyone a wide screen HDTV for Christmas, right?
I can't even buy myself one this Christmas - but I get to buy myself a washer, a dryer and a new refrigerator Undecided

Hopefully Uncle Sam will come through for me next year, and I'll get the TV then.
Goatweed, I have that exact TV. I got It a month ago from best buy. Not as expensive as It looks, either. The picture Is absolutely amazing on sattelite channels that broadcast In HDTV, like one of the 12 HBO's I get, but just okay for regular channels. Where It REALLY excells Is PS2 games. You haven't lived till you've played vice city on a 57" TV.
The only thing on my wishlist Is a Mesa Boogie triple rectifier amplifier. Not exactly geek gear. More like musician geek gear.
The TV, and Gomez's girlfriend naked under my tree with nothing but a bow on.
Why do you want my gf under your tree?
cus the ooze from her dirty spot, fertilizes the shrubery.

Confusedmokey: