CDIH

Full Version: New tower
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I currently have a Compaq. 850 mhz PIII 256 rom Crappie video card.... Blah blah blah
I went to CompUSA today and played Medal of Honor on a alien ware system. OMG. this thing was so smooth and the graphics were so clean..Now, the tower was $2,000. Best Buy has a similar system for about $1300. My needs are : internet surfing and games. I love games . I have all the peripheries. just need a new tower. What should I get? I would like to limit it to $1500, but I will go to $2000 if it will really make that much of a difference. HELP please.
how about this: A Dell

im probably gonna be getting this:eMachines 2085 or this: eMachines 2200
Quote:I love games
This is what is gonna cost ya. some of these games really soak up resources - especially video.

the good entertainment machines go for between 2k and 3k. You can do less of course - you need to pick where to compromise.

You might want to visit here as a basic idea:
How to Buy a Desktop PC - PC World

Decent video will make a big difference for games.
But Alienware.. it's cooler. Besides that, they have a good support side with custom configurations for optimal performance. :thumbs-up:
My computer blows away any of the Alienware line and I paid 1/3 the price

I'm guessing the best buy one is a vpr Matrix, right? That's the one I bought and customized.
Now woulden't it be a kick in the ass, if one of the "young" ones of the board came in here and new what you needed?
Quote:Now woulden't it be a kick in the ass, if one of the "young" ones of the board came in here and new what you needed?

Not at all. That's who I'm looking for. There is no question that "the young ones" know much more about this than I do. I don't work on Computers, I play on them.

By the way Brokenjaw, You are in serious need of spellcheck.
Quote:By the way Brokenjaw, You are in serious need of spellcheck.

Wow , you are so goodly at pointing out the obvious. Maybe I can get my friends Ant and Joe teach me how to spell, after I show them Clerks for the first time...