CDIH

Full Version: The most disapointing follow up albums ever - What albums just fuckin sucked so bad?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have spent the last 5 days ripping 20 more gigs of tunez to my hard drive and I came across some cd's that got my brain going.

What cd's were you looking so foward to that you had to have them asap but winded up sucking to no end?

To start off:

Metallica:Load Yeah, they named this one right. I went to Tower records the night before and waited four hours for it to be released. I am all for bands expanding themselves, but, this was nothing short of Metallilight.

Silverchair:Freak Show Guess heavy metal's answer to hanson lasted just as long as Hanson did.

Pantera:Reinventing The Steel Pretty much the exact opisite of Metallica, Pantera has done absolutely nothing to change anything at all. IMO, that is not really a good thing either.

82-1012268026

Days of the New- 2nd Album
Rage- Evil Empire
Primus: Brown Album

Bad Religion: No Substance
and even worse..
Bad Religion: New America
Guns 'N' Roses:Chinese Democracy Ummm, where the fuck is it already?
Quote:Days of the New- 2nd Album

Just curious, what didn't you like about it? I think it is far superior than the 1st album...Travis basically plays all the instruments on there himself, and I love the background vocalists. Although the thrid album is even better than this one!

Hmm, can't think of too many right now, one that definitely springs to mind, though, is Dream Theater's Falling into Infinity, bad producer, some crappy songs, I try to forget this album exists sometimes. Funny how this was their stab at trying to make the mainstream, which failed pretty badly, yet it seems like the new album is getting more publicity than all the others combined!
Poison:Native Tounge All the hype of them having a real guitar player was all smoke and mirrors. Granted, grunge had a hand in the whole glam demise, but, when Poison took them selves serious, they shot themselves.

Kid Rock:Cocky After sales bottom out after two weeks, I don't think he has much to be cocky about anymore. Is he a rapper, is he a singer? Is he an asshole who believed his own hype a tad too much? Maybe the Pam Anderson kiss of death has struck again.
I need to add:

<li>Van Halen 3 - just sucked ass
<li>Warrant - Ultraphobic...Dog Eat Dog was a good album I don't care what anyone else says, but this one is such a stinker, not as bad as their Warrant 96 album though
<li>Motley Crue - Generation Swine...see VH3 comment
<li>LOA - when a band shortens a name, they're in trouble.. It's LIFE OF AGONY dammit!!! Soul Searching Sun ..pussy album, radio fluff
<li>REM - Monster stopped me from buying anymore REM
<li>Pearl Jam - Vitalogy stopped me from buying anymore Pearl Jam albums as well

oh yeah, and any Sabbath album with Dio Confusedhudders:

Edited By Spitfire on Feb. 13 2002 at 11:39
Life of Agony made a huge mistake changing their name.
NIN - The Fragile
Ozzy - Ozzmosis
Ugly Kid Joe- whatever came after America's Least Wanted
Mr. Brownstone Wrote:Ugly Kid Joe- whatever came after America's Least Wanted
Menance to Sobriety.

Absolute fuckin garbage.

Can some one please tell me the band that Witt Crane joined after UKG?
Quote:Menance to Sobriety.

Absolute fuckin garbage.
Yup, that one. I also bought Motel California, featuring Rage Against the Answering Machine, in the hope that they would have regained their former glory. Didn't happen. Sad thing is UKJ put on one of the best concerts I have ever been to.
Quote:Can some one please tell me the band that Witt Crane joined after UKG?
Hint: It's been mentioned in this thread already.
Mr. Brownstone Wrote:Hint: It's been mentioned in this thread already.
It is Life Of Agony! damn you Mayturd, I knew it! They opened for Megadeth when I saw them a few years back at The Hameretien!
Life of Agony made a huge mistake when they released UGLY...I've seen them a bunch of times and they kicked ass...but then they went soft...pussies
Quote:Rage- Evil Empire
your fuckin insane. i was gonna say the new one renegades, which absolutely SUCKED. but evil empire? evil empire was great. Confusedeph:
Sean Cold Wrote:Can some one please tell me the band that Witt Crane joined after UKG?
I don't know the validity of all of this, but this is what I found.

"Seems like LoA broke up...

As you can see, I don't do anything with this pages anymore, so not a lot of updated stuff."

January 27th, 1999 reported on The news section of Life Of Agony page

Whit Crane has left the band (or was kicked out). Alan Robert is to do the lead vocals in the future and on the new cd. There will be a new bass player soon. LoA is now recording the new cd. Reason for Crane's departure: He couldn't give the right emotion to the songs, Alan wrote.
I have to disagree with some of these picks. I love REM's Monster and Pearl Jam's Vitology. If anything, I really dispised Out Of Time, which many think is their best work. Warrant?? Which album they put out wasn't a piece of shit?? I also enjoyed The Fragile, maybe the hardest NIN album to grasp, and thats pretty damn hard, but it grew on me after several listens. I rarely have had a group drop out of my collection completely after an album (with exceptions I will note), but they all have one stinker or two I can't stand. These come to mind...

U2 - Pop
REM - Out of Time, Up
Lenny Kravitz - Lenny
Oasis - everything after Masterplan
Metallica - pretty much all their shit after Justice For All excluding a track here and there (unforgiven is a great song)
Mick Jagger - Goddess In The Doorway (most of his stuff without the stones sucks but this was a signifigant disaster)
David Bowie - Never Let Me Down
Clash - Cut The Crap
Aerosmith - Night In The Ruts
Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstacy
Blondie - The Hunter
Elvis Costello - Goodbye Cruel World
CCR - Mardi Gras
Bob Dylan - Self Portrait
NWA - EFIL4ZAGGIN

Not all follow ups, but disappointing albums from artists that I respect.
Quote:Whit Crane has left the band (or was kicked out). Alan Robert is to do the lead vocals in the future and on the new cd.
So then what happened to Keith Caputo? and Joey Z.???
White Zombie - Astro-Creep 2000. Sure the last song was cool, but after listening to La Sexoristo and Let/Make them Die Slowly, Astro-Creep total totally sucked ass.

Def Leppard - Hysteria

10,000 Maniacs - Blind Man's Zoo

Heart - Magazine

Chaka Khan - Destiny (but it still got a Grammy Nom... go figure)

Led Zepplin - In through the Out Door

Vitology sucks, but PJ started to suck right after 10.
Rolling Stones - Their Satanic Majesties Request

The Who - who are you

Kid Rock - Cocky

Guns N Roses - Spaghetti Incident

REM - Monster

Public Enemy: Muse Sick in Our Mess Age

David Bowie: Diamond Dogs

Pearl Jam - Vitalogy

Radiohead - Amensiac

Poison - Look What the Cat Dragged In

The Notorious Big - Born Again

Bob Dylan - Self Portrait

Edited By GonzoStyle on Feb. 15 2002 at 1:13
Quote:Poison - Look What the Cat Dragged In

Umm, that was their 'debut' album Confusedpits:

It was reissued on Cinco De Roach Day, 1998, but it was originally released in 1986.
Pages: 1 2