CDIH

Full Version: Ross report for nov 28, 2002
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings from under the black 200X Resistol hat, hoping that you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday and a super weekend. I will be traveling back to my home state of Oklahoma this weekend to enjoy the Bedlam Series between the Oklahoma Sooners and the Oklahoma State Cowboys in Stillwater, which will be televised on Fox Sports Net Saturday afternoon, before heading down to Austin for WWE RAW Monday night from the Frank Erwin Center on the campus of the University of Texas.
Our RAW crew returned from India in pretty good shape, even though some had stomach problems, including William Regal, Lance Storm, Booker T, Steven Richards and Al Snow among others. All are feeling much better and should be near 100 percent within the next few days. We sincerely appreciate all our talents' efforts on this most recent international journey, as they represented WWE very professionally and effectively. Our road agents also did a superb job working with these talents on this tour, as they always seem to do. Great group of talent and staff who represent our company very proudly, even in challenging times and surroundings.

WWE will be all over Texas after Thanksgiving, with seven events in the Lone Star State, beginning Saturday in Amarillo (hello, Terry Funk) and Abilene, Sunday in Laredo and San Antonio, Monday in Corpus Christi and Austin (RAW), and Tuesday for SmackDown! in Dallas.

As was reported in several news services early this week, Steve Austin has finally gotten the legal issues he has been dealing with behind him and will, hopefully, be able to concentrate now on more positive things in his life. I hope he and Debra are able to move on from this unfortunate situation and enjoy happier times. They are both very good people, in my eyes.

Even though Triple H and Ric Flair did not officially wrestle on the India tour for different reasons, their presence on the three-day international run is much appreciated. Both could have opted to stay home and not make the long trip, but both insisted on going as advertised. Their professionalism is not surprising to me but appreciated by all.

Paul Heyman is making a very positive difference in the mindset and pre-match preparation of the WWE Champion, the Big Show. If this continues, we are going to see a significant amount of improvement out of the 500-pounder over the next few weeks.

Scott Steiner, although still a free agent, will be wrestling on SmackDown! live events on Dec. 7 in Hamilton, Ontario; Dec. 8 at Nassau Coliseum; and Dec. 14 in Jacksonville, Fla. Scott will be competing on RAW live events in early January.

My congrats to the Undertaker and wife, Sara, along with Kurt Angle and his wife, Karen, for the birth of their daughters over the past few days. I know both men will make great fathers for their little girls, and I only hope the young ladies look like their mamas.

"Big" Internet news last week about me inadvertently being in a backstage shot on SmackDown! I asked about it long before it was shot and was told to not worry about it. I don't think anyone, including yours truly, felt like I was gonna be dead center in the shot, however. I did get a kick out of reading the report of the "incident" on the Internet and want to apologize to those WWE staffers who usually defend me to the Internet for putting you on the spot. This "headline" was about as ridiculous as some of my radio comments from Oklahoma City last Friday being taken out of context. Maybe we should all lighten up just a little.

I have finished most of the Hulk Hogan book and would certainly suggest it to any fan of the business. It is selling very well and, as I said last week, is a very easy, quick read. I know longtime fans who have followed Hulk's career will really enjoy the book, as well as younger fans who want to learn more about the business through the eyes of a man who has done more for our business than any wrestler I know. I was not totally sold on this book early after reading some of the first drafts, but I have to admit the finished product is a fun and enjoyable read. Check it out at a bookstore near you.

My congratulations to Joanie Laurer, formerly known as Chyna, and Sean "X-Pac" Waltman for their recent engagement. Both talents certainly contributed to WWE over the years, and I hope they find the happiness they deserve.

I like the addition of Sean Morley to RAW General Manger Eric Bischoff's staff. Eric has done a tremendous job in his role as the controversial head of RAW and Morley, long underutilized in my view, will complement Bischoff very well. These two should be able to combine for some interesting TV in the future without either getting overexposed.

Happy to report that, to the best of my knowledge, Shawn Michaels came through his one-on-one match with Rob Van Dam Monday night on RAW in pretty good shape physically. I really enjoyed their match and would love to see them wrestle again someday in another one-on-one affair. They left me wanting to see more.

Good to see Ernest "The Cat" Miller doing some work with WWE. Ernest sits in for Tazz Thanksgiving night on SmackDown!, and from what I heard he did a very sound job until he started losing his voice. The Cat has a great deal of potential as it relates to the verbal side of the business and is, in my view, a very solid in-ring hand too. Tazz will be back next week, and we have him in our thoughts during some challenging times he and his family are facing.

Brock Lesnar returns to the ring this Sunday at 5 p.m. in the new arena in San Antonio, as he continues to heal from a broken rib.

My wife, Jan, continues to stay focused on our BBQ sauce project, among other food projects we have going, which I can't tell you how much I appreciate. Our BBQ sauce project is truly a labor of love and would not be happening if it were not for the real brains of the family.

I had a great weekend in Oklahoma participating in on-sales in Oklahoma City and Tulsa. Shawn Michaels and Lita did a super job, and the ticket-sale kickoffs did well. I had the privilege of having lunch Friday with OU head football coach Bob Stoops and his brother, assistant head coach and co-defensive coordinator Mike Stoops. These are two outstanding men are a part of the best coaching staff in America, and I really appreciate their hospitality. I was also on the sideline for the Sooners game with Texas Tech Saturday night, which clinched the Big 12 South Title for Oklahoma. I hope the Sooners can settle a year-old score with OSU Saturday in the Cowboys' backyard, but this one will be a nasty Slobber-Knocker in front of a wild and passionate crowd. I'm certainly looking forward to being there in person again this week before heading to Austin for RAW.

Please count your blessings and enjoy the spirit of the Thanksgiving holiday. We all have so much to be thankful for here in WWE, headed, as always, by our fans, who demonstrate their passion virtually every day to our product. Thanks and God bless!

J.R. (Boomer Sooner!)

P.S. Don't forget to check out the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Thursday, as we celebrate 10 years of RAW!
Quote:My congrats to the Undertaker and wife, Sara, along with Kurt Angle and his wife, Karen, for the birth of their daughters over the past few days. I know both men will make great fathers for their little girls, and I only hope the young ladies look like their mamas.

Now that's just cruel, JR... why would you wish that on the Undertaker's kid? :disappointed:
Quote:My wife, Jan, continues to stay focused on our BBQ sauce project

Sounds like a horrible music group, I bet sleeper would listen though.
Quote:Now that's just cruel, JR... why would you wish that on the Undertaker's kid

With the money her husband makes you would think she would've gotten at least a nose job by now.

Edited By JerseyThunder on 1038601349
Quote:Both talents certainly contributed to WWE over the years, and I hope they find the happiness they deserve.

What about the happiness I deserve , JR? I mean, I'm the one who had to watch em.