CDIH

Full Version: Are Old White Men Taking The Fun Out Of Sports? - Crusty Old Fuckers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The NFL is generally run by the old guard of crusty old white men who keep the qualified black coaches out of head coaching jobs and frown upon any type of celebratory display by the majority of blacks who score the touchdowns. Terrell Owens, who is arguably the best receiver in football is treated like a second class citizen, a defiant black anarchist who refuses to play by their rules in a style even Barry Bonds would blush at.

Whose side are you on? Is Terrell a punk or is he simply trying to be himself, an entertainer, and fuck what anyone else thinks.

Personally i'm on Terrell side, fuck those crusty old crackers.
did you see terrel owens body on monday night football when they showed him working out? his love handles have muscles :crackhead:
i saw nothing wrong about the sharpie...its not like he signed the ball and gave it to the cb he smoked, he gave it to his accountant. whats next, not allowing people to throw the ball through the uprights? no more lambeau leaps? its gonna get to the point where you cant even smile in the endzone
think about how uncomfortable it must have been to run with that sharpie in his sock, now thats talent.
What I think is funny is all these crusty old fucks saying how that is disrespectful to other players, and in their days such things weren't tolerated....Funny how those things that weren't done in their days are now banned. Group celebrations and the like, that shit used to be great, the fun bunch coming together for the high 5 was always awesome....But noooooo, people who get paid to beat the shit out of eachother all of a sudden have feelings
What I don't get is that in the NFL, they are are always trying to build names to market the sport. The NBA was great at this. It was always " Jordan and the Chicago Bulls take on Ewing and the Knicks" not "Bulls vs. Knicks" . They used personalities to sell thier sport. nobody can argue that it didn't work.

The NFL claims they want to do the same thing, yet the moment a guy shows a little too much personality by celebrating after a big play they chatise him. They fail to see the bigger picture. In a sport that has over 22 players per game on each team, it is very hard to market all but the top few guys. most casual fans can not recognize half the defense from any team other than the one they root for at any time. By putting faces with the names the NFL can only hope to increase thier bottom line. More big names means more jerseys and and other player specific shit sold. It also means more ways to market games. It doesn't matter if you hate Owens or not. It matters that you tune in to see him play week in and out.
Quote:no more lambeau leaps?

I haven't seen a Lambeu leap in a while i thought they did ban em? And I'm on Owens side and for that matter everyone who likes to celebrate on the field.
Call me a crusty old fuck, but I think it's a bit much when someone gets all sorts of jacked up when they do a simple thing like a tackle or sack someone. You did it now get up and keep playing. As for Terell Owens signing the ball and giving it to his accountant. That's pretty cool. I saw no problem with that. On another note, these fuckin baseball players who stand there and watch the ball go should be shot. You hit the ball, now fucking run dammit!!
I think its more fun to watch the showboats than these golly gee aw shucks crackers like Peyton Manning.
The Super Bowl Shufell....

[Image: shuffle.jpg]

Nuff said :thumbs-up: