CDIH

Full Version: Have you seen america?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've traveled a few places out side the country..England, France and Bonaire...yet I've only been to a handful of states in the US. Besides the adjoining states like NY, NJ, Penn, Conn, Del, and Maryland what part of this great US have you seen? Do you plan on seeing more? Are you more inclined to travel in the US rather then outside do to recent incidents?

As most I've been to Florida to see Mickey, but outside the local areas I've only been to South Carolina for my folks house.

I plan on going to Vegas this year and seeing the Grand Canyon and the surrounding areas while I'm out there.

I haven't traveled outside the country because oppurtunity hasn't sufaced, but I wouldn't think twice about flying outside the US.
I've been up and down the east coast and to parts of the midwest, but I'm dying to see the west coast as well as the south west.

Went to Disney in early Jan as well.

I've been to:

New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maine, Mass. (can't spell it), Vermont, Maryland, D.C., Virginia, West Virginia, North and South Carolina, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Kentucky, and Ohio.

Edit: The only time I've left the country is going to Canada.

Edited By PollyannaFlower46 on Feb. 13 2002 at 2:34
Traveled to italy mostly..only places i went to in the US...NY, Vermont and DC. and florida when i was 2
I've been to:

1. NY
2. PA
3. Conn.
4. FLA.
5. VA
6. CA
7. OK
8. AZ (I would move out to AZ in a heartbeat)
i did and cried tears of joy during the second encore of Horse with no name
Kentucky is just beautiful. I wnet during Derby Week and the place is jumping. I mean, you do have to get over the fact that it is a bunch of cousin fuckin rubes and all.
Luna, I'm totally with ya, I'm going to AZ in November, can't wait! Also going to Ohio for a festival Memorial Day weekend...road trip! :bouncer:

Haven't ventured off the East Coast any further north than CT or south past Atlanta (went last year) my family never went on vacations when I was little...my 1st ride in a plane was my trip to Atlanta
I have been to the following places in the U.S, either for business or just vacation. but even the business trips, i got a few days to myself..

Las Vegas, Nevada
Los Angles, Ca
San Francisco, Ca
Walnut Creek, Ca
Seattle, Washington
Anchorage, Alaska
Jeaneux, Alaska
Minneapolis, Minn
Atlanta, Georgia
Dallas, Texas
Columbia, South Carolina,
North Miami Beach, Florida,
and of course the eastern sites such as baltimore, dc, boston, maine, providence , rhode island, delaware, connecticut.

outside the country i have been to
st. thomas
st.croix
st. john
england,
scotland
wales
ireland
canada
Besides VA, DC and MD all the time..
PA - New Baltimore, Philly
NJ - Union City
NY - Manhattan, Long Island,Staton Isl.
CA - San Diego, Santa Monica/LA
NC - Ft. Bragg
SC - Myrtle Beach
TX - Dalls/Ft. Worth
FL - Orlando
KY - Louisville
GA - Atlanta, Deer Creek
**whew**
Spitfire Wrote:Luna, I'm totally with ya, I'm going to AZ in November, can't wait!
Spit, if you get the chance, make sure you go to Sedona. It's beautiful!

Edited By LunaBabe on Feb. 13 2002 at 2:50
I been to.... NY & NJ that's about it.
I haven't been outside the US (Canada and the Bahamas don't really count), but I have yet to find anyone who's seen as much of the US as I have.

From when I was 6 until I was 10, my entire family (6 total)used to take six weeks off every summer (dad was a teacher mom was a private nurse) and travel around the country in a station wagon and trailor (yep those people do exist)

So I've been to every major national park and tourist attraction, well over 40 of the states, and pretty much seen everything there is to see in this country. Grand Canyon is awesome, but Yosemite in CA is the best of all the national parks (Yellowstone is #3). The only things I haven't seen are Hawaii and Alaska, which are definately on my list.

As an adult, I've been to LA, NY, SF, Vegas, Miami, Lauderdale, and New Orleans a bunch of times as well.

I love travelling, and since I currently don't have someone to travel with, I've not done it as much. I would love to travel internationally (no worries now), but things always fall through. I was supposed to go on a safari in Africa for being the #1 rep in my company, but then the company cried "poor" and gave me nothing. I was supposed to go to Dominican Republic, but after 9/11 the people I was to go with changed their mind. I was supposed to go to Brazil for Carnival this year, but the people I was supposed to go with decided they couldn't afford it so they just went to see the Pats in the Superbowl instead.

A few years ago, I decided that I would spend New Year's eve in a different city every year for the rest of my life.

So far, I've got LA, NY, San Fran, Boston, and next year will probably be Chicago since I might be going to grad school out there.
Galt Wrote:I was supposed to go on a safari in Africa for being the #1 rep in my company
Ok that's too cool of a reward for being number one...all we get here is cake!
States I've been to:

New York
New Jersey
Hawaii
Connecticut
Mass.
Rhode Island
Delaware
Maryland
Virginia
Florida
California
Arizona
Utah
Nevada
if Puerto Rico counts, there too.

Basically i've covered both costs, since we all know that theres a whole lot of nothing in between.

As far as outside the US, i've done a fair amount of traveling, being the son of immigrants. I've been to:

Canada
Mexico
Turkey
Israel
France
Spain
England
Italy
Greece
Germany
Dominican Republic
Belgium.

The place i want to go to most is Australia, I hope to do a semester abroad there in a couple years.

Edited By criticslovesnatch on Feb. 13 2002 at 3:12
criticslovesnatch Wrote:Basically i've covered both costs, since we all know that theres a whole lot of nothing in between.
Kinda like your legs? :lol:
PollyannaFlower46 Wrote:
Galt Wrote:I was supposed to go on a safari in Africa for being the #1 rep in my company
I would love to go to Africa and go on a safari, also, Australia.
I've been to Hoboken. Does that count?

Actually, I've spent time in:

- All the states from NY to FL (too long to list. get a map if you want to list them)
- Chicago (just like being in New York)
- Vermont (skiing rules)
- Dallas (the airport sucks ass and so do the people)
- Vegas (the capital of goudiness and hookers...wooohoooo :bouncer: )
- Arizona (I'm with Luna and Spit on this one)
- Indianapolis (what a fuckin dump)
- Tulsa (I visited Oral Roberts University....lmao...I said ORAL)

Internationally,

- Canada
- Zurich
- Frankfurt
- Brussels
- Turkey (more times than I can count)
- Aruba
- Barbados

I'm sure there is more. I just can't remember them all. Or don't want to.....
PollyannaFlower46 Wrote:
criticslovesnatch Wrote:Basically i've covered both costs, since we all know that theres a whole lot of nothing in between.
Kinda like your legs? :lol:
:pissed: :pissed: No cookies for you! :pissed: :pissed:
criticslovesnatch Wrote::pissed: :pissed: No cookies for you! :pissed: :pissed:
:moonie: Who needs your cookies anyway!

I went on an "African Safari" at Disney LOL
wow you people are so lucky, i hardly get to go anywhere

ive been as far north as cape cod and as far south as virginia(after an ice storm so the power was out everywhere)

been to connecticut and PA

never anywhere else though

when i get a real good job and after i graduate im going on a trip around the country to see a baseball game in every stadium, i know theres a commercial like that but i had the idea long before the commercial came out
Pages: 1 2