CDIH

Full Version: The Next Great Music Movement - What will it be?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In the late 70's there was Hip Hop. In the 80's it was the revival of Punk and New Wave. In the 90's there was Grunge. What will be the great new musical movement of this decade? So far this decade has sucked musically. They're trying hard to push this Garage Rock movement on us but its just a blip on the radar screen.

Right now, the musical landscape is fairly boring. Sure there are bands here and there that are motivating people but there no real movement gaining any momentum that we experienced in the past three decades. Sad to say its been mostly pop and boy bands dominating the landscape for some time. Nu Metal, with the fusion of rap and rock for the most part sucks.

What we need is something to come completely out of left field, as all real good movements begin from the underground and begin to develop a scene which is then bastardized and sold to the mass market for consumption in pretty prepackaged genres. Maybe its best not to look for a new movement but to enjoy the ones that never reach critical mass and enjoy a healthy underground following.
revival of punk and New Wave?

The problem with this decade is that all of the music is being run by large corporations. Large corporations that are fearful of change and risks. Eventhough there are "small indy" labels, they are actually run by the big corps. This decade will be known for the bastardization of metal and rap (what I call K(Rock)-Rap). And that is because of the corps are playing it safe. Here are two sellers, lets merge them.

Nothing interest me. I think I will look into the 3Bs instead.
Disco shall make it's triumphant return and there is nothing you can do to stop it.

Either that or Funk will. :clueless:
\m/ POSICORE \m/
yes! Bring back the 88 Mosh!
GIVE IT BACK TO THE YOUTH CREW!
I think the big problem with music these days is that people aren't defending the edge with brass knuckle violence!
kids dont realize that the pit is strictly mosh, not get hit in dick
yea enough of that karate shit. It's so negi.
next time i see those negi moves i'm going to headwalk from the stage
I think we've solved the problems with music, what does everyone else think?
yes.
I don't see anything at all wrong with music. I've found TONS of bands that I really like. So I don't have a thing to complain about.
tons of bands, not one woman......
The next great music movement is already here, man. You just don't know it, man. It's so great it doesn't even have a name yet. We're taking over now, man. You narcs will be completely overturned by it's greatness. Jerry Lives!
No....there's 1 woman.

And please god don't tell me that Phish is going to take over the world. Rolleyes
Phish ownz.
never
Phish is not a band. They are anti-musicians. They anti-play their instruments. Just all of you whiney, spoiled stoners needed to empower your sheep-like mentality and follow another boring, depressing, shitty band, and you all collectively decided that you were too young for Jimmy Buffet.

Phish blows. Lazle Bane Rocks!

Maynard sucks cock.
I guess a hundred thousand people CAN be wrong. Rolleyes
Pages: 1 2