CDIH

Full Version: Year End Awards - categories borrowed from 1popup.com
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pick one person for each category. Just make it WWE to make it easier, as not too many people know anything about japan or the Indy's and not that many people have been paying to see the NWA.

Quote:Wrestler of the Year - Simply, the best in the business in 2002.

Tag Team of the Year - Same as above, but tag team.

Match of the Year - The best bout, please include date and/or name of event it took place at.

Announcer of the Year - Who do you enjoy hearing call the action?

Color Commentator of the Year - Which sideman adds flavor to the show?

Hottie of the Year - Self-explanatory.

Feud of the Year - The best series of events or matches in 2002.

Flyer of the Year - Who takes it to the air better than anyone else?

Brawler of the Year - Who can get more down and dirty than the rest?

Technician of the Year - A new category, this one based solely on scientific skill on the mat.

Wrestling Event of the Year - Which show was the "must see" event of the year?

Best Interviews of the Year - Who is the master of the mic?

Move of the Year - Which move or hold do you never get tired of?

Comeback of the Year - Whether returning from injury, a layoff, or just shooting back up the ladder.

Angle / Storyline of the Year - What did you enjoy from the entertainment end of "sports entertainment"?

Character / Gimmick of the Year - Who makes the most of their on-screen persona?

Most Improved Wrestler of the Year - Who took the longest strides in becoming a better wrestler?

Wrestler of the Year - Kurt Angle

Tag Team of the Year - Down year for this and tag team is kind of recent, but I think they could be a great team and that is Chris Jericho and Christian

Match of the Year - HHH vs HBK at summerslam and Rock and Hogan at Wrestlemania. Even though you hate HHH, that match was a classic.

Announcer of the Year - Tough choice between JR and Michael Cole or The Coach, but JR I guess wins.

Color Commentator of the Year - Tazz is better than Lawler or Lita.

Hottie of the Year - Stacy Keibler. WHo else could make you want to be a testicle.

Feud of the Year - Kurt Angle vs Chris Benoit

Flyer of the Year - Rey Mysterio in a landslide

Brawler of the Year - HHH as that all he pretty much does.

Technician of the Year - Tie Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit

Wrestling Event of the Year - Wrestlemania

Best Interviews of the Year - Kurt Angle in NAMBLA promos against Rey Mysterio
Move of the Year - Any by Rey Mysterio

Comeback of the Year - HBK, is there any doubt.

Angle / Storyline of the Year - Actually HBK and HHH seems like the most intense feud with the most hatred going in the WWE right now. I also really liked the Brock Lesnar vs RVD feud.

Character / Gimmick of the Year - Booker T and the spinaroonie.

Most Improved Wrestler of the Year - EDGE
Quote:Just make it WWE to make it easier, as not too many people know anything about japan or the Indy's and not that many people have been paying to see the NWA.
No.

Wrestler of the Year - Toss up between Eddy Guerrero and El Hijo del Santo. I guess I'll give the nod to Guerrero, because of his amazing run in the indies before his WWE return and because I've just seen more of his work this year.

Tag Team of the Year - Angle & Benoit, or Benoit & Guerrero. I guess Angle & Benoit, since they've done more as a team.

Match of the Year - Satoshi Kojima vs. Genichiro Tenryu 2/24. Blows away anything out of the WWE this year, including everything from the neverending Smackdown tag feud.

Announcer of the Year - Mike Tenay by default, even though I have't seen a second of TNA. WWE announcers are atrocious.

Color Commentator of the Year - Tazz is getting better. Lawler is as terrible as he'e ever been. Tazz I guess, or maybe Don West...

Hottie of the Year - Stacy Keibler.

Feud of the Year - The whole Smackdown with Angle and Benoit and Los Guerreros and Rey and that other guy has been fun and has given us some great matches, but has also been directionless. Not really a great feud anywhere in there - just a bunch of great wrestlers. Rey Bucanero & Ultimo Guerrero v. Negro Casas & El Hijo Del Santo is such an intense rivalry, the fans are on the verge of riot every time these guys are in the same building. This gets my vote. I should probably throw these two teams in the Best Tag Team category, especially Casas/Santito, who are every bit as good as Benoit/Guerrero and Benoit/Angle.

Flyer of the Year - Can't argue with Rey

Brawler of the Year - Nobody really comes to mind here - maybe Regal

Technician of the Year - Santito, then Yuji Nagata, then Doug Williams. Angle has the potential to be the best, obviously, but he doesn't really show off his pure technical skills enough. Which is a Damn shame.

Wrestling Event of the Year - UFC 40. Ok, so maybe it shouldn't count. Whatever, this show was more fun than any worked wrestling show this year.

Best Interviews of the Year - Any Eddy Guerrero interview where he just totally flips the fuck out.

Move of the Year - Low-Ki's Ki Krusher I guess. Nothing really stands out.

Comeback of the Year - Goldust. HBK who?

Angle / Storyline of the Year - Ortiz vs. Shamrock, the "passing of the torch" if you will in American MMA. Not that Shamrock was ever really good, but the build up and execution was perfect.

Character / Gimmick of the Year - Shocker - 1000% Guapo

Most Improved Wrestler of the Year - Brock Lesnar is 100 times better now than he was when he debuted.
Quote:Pick one person for each category. Just make it WWE to make it easier, as not too many people know anything about japan or the Indy's and not that many people have been paying to see the NWA.

I wish I could go against this, but as I've only seen one indy show this year, I guess I'll have to make do with the shitty choices available.

Wrestler of the Year - Kurt fucking Angle

Tag Team of the Year - The Guerreros.

Match of the Year - Angle vs Benoit

Announcer of the Year - none..WWe's vocal "talent" sucks

Color Commentator of the Year - see above

Hottie of the Year - Valentina (okay, ONE indy selection :-) )

Feud of the Year - Angle/Benoit/Edge/Rey/Guerreros

Flyer of the Year - Gotta go with Rey-Rey

Brawler of the Year - ?

Technician of the Year -Chris Benoit

Wrestling Event of the Year - Sadly, I can't think of one.

Best Interviews of the Year - Kurt fucking Angle

Move of the Year - Like Sir O says, nothing really stands out... although I kinda dig Victoria's neckbeaker thingie (yes, that is the technical term for it :keke: )

Comeback of the Year - Anyone's BUT Triple Ay-chuh's.

Angle / Storyline of the Year - I'm just completely soured on "storylines"...fuck Katie Vick, fuck Al Wilson.

Character / Gimmick of the Year - Mattitude

Most Improved Wrestler of the Year - Honestly, I think Eddy Guerrero's better than he's ever been.
Wrestler of the year - Kurt Angle
Tag team of the year - Angle and benoit
Match of the year - any match involving angle/benoit/los guerrero's/rey rey/edge
Announcer of the year - i hate them all
Color Commentator of the year - i hate them all
Hottie - torrie wilson
Fued - Angle/Benoit or Angle/rey rey
Flyer - rey
Brawler - Brock
Technician - Angle or Benoit, depending on the mood
Event - I guess Wrestlemania
Interview - I should start watching those again i guess
Move of the year - the sugar smack
Comeback - for pure nostalgia, hogan
Angle/Storyline - angle/benoit vs los guerreros vs edge/rey for the tag titles
Character/Gimmick - i can't think of one
Most Improved wrestler - brock

That was a lot harder than I thought it would be...this year sucked in wrestling...I ask myself why I keep watching, but it is a simple answer...cause I am afraid I am going to miss when it gets good again...
Quote:Just make it WWE to make it easier

NO!

Wrestler of the Year - The Messiah

Tag Team of the Year - The H8 Cub

Match of the Year - Kaos vs. Supreme for the number 1 contendership for the Deathmatch Title

I can't remember being so into a match, the back and forth was great, plus it had one of the coolest moments I've ever seen when both men used those long lightbulbs to have a sword fight

Announcer of the Year - There's not a decent one out there in my opinion

Color Commentator of the Year - I like Tazz, he knows how to call matches, he knows the names of moves and calls them rather than marking out like that dork Michael Cole, guys in the industry should learn a thing or two from him

Hottie of the Year - Stacey Kiebler

Feud of the Year - Justice Pain and Messiah

Flyer of the Year - Rey Mysterio, although Psicosis comes in at a close second

Brawler of the Year - Big nose, no sell...You get the idea

Technician of the Year - Angle

Wrestling Event of the Year - CZW's High Stakes

Best Interviews of the Year - Anything Angle does usually kills me

Move of the Year - Low-Ki's Ki Krusher, eventhough I saw someone else do it long before he did, and did it better I might add.

Comeback of the Year - Tie between HBK and The Messiah....First he was fired from XPW for supposedlly having an affair with the bosses's wife, but from what I've heard it is because of the problems backstage with people being unable to distinguish his character from reality, and nearly starting several fights....He went on to become world champ in CZW in one of the most brutal matches of the year....On top of that the Messiah was nearly killed(real life, not an angle) and despite being brutally injured he refuses to retire from wrestling....If you want to know more check out Messiah attacked

Angle / Storyline of the Year - None really stick out

Character / Gimmick of the Year - Angle denying his baldness(how could you people forget that?)

Most Improved Wrestler of the Year - Brock

Edited By LyricalGomez on 1039534034
Quote:On top of that the Messiah was nearly killed(real life, not an angle) and despite being brutally injured he refuses to retire from wrestling

Damn, how could I have forgotten about this? The poor guy was lucky to only lose a thumb as a result of that attack.
Yup, it was pretty vicious, but the good thing is that his career will probablly skyrocket after this incident because there will be zero questions about his heart and his drive. With any luck he might even wind up being paid the big bucks by WWE