CDIH

Full Version: bomb threats suck - especially on a Monday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So an announcement was made to the Firm that we needed to evacuate the building at 12:30, and noone knew why until we got down to Battery Park. Then they tell us there was a bomb threat, and that we were to get away from the building right away. We had to meet back at 2:30, upon which we were told all was well, and that it was a false alarm. WTF?

I appreciate the response to the threat, but they had us take the elevators down (they wouldn't let us use the EMERGENCY STAIRS!!), and there was absolutely no coordiantion of leaders among the senior staff to inform everyone on what the situation was, or what would be done - just leave the area for 2 hours, come back and hope for the best.

Mondays really fuckin' suck :fuckoff:
That does suck hard. How cold was it out?
sorry bout that, i just wanted for you to get outa work so i could see you
it's pretty cold out, especially down here being right off the water. Me and a few co-workers waled up towards Park Row, and we found a pretty cool burrito place and ate lunch. I just hope this doesn't start to happen on a regular basis.
Quote:sorry bout that, i just wanted for you to get outa work so i could see you
awwww :loveya:
Dude, that's great, gets you out of work for a few hours. It's like a snow day! And you don't have to stay outside if it's too cold. Kick it at an early happy hour till it's time to go back to the grind.
Eh.. they probably wanted to get the hourly people out for a while so that they didn't have to pay them for those 2 hours.
It would've been nice if they just told us to go home. Now all everyone is doing is talking about "what ifs", etc. Plus, my boss is on my ass to get shit done today, and even hinted that I might wanna stay late to catch up (which I'm not).
Got alot of extra work, huh? Sounds like you might need an assistant. Hire me!
there was a bomb threat at my school 2 years ago. classes hadn't even started yet, and the fire alarm went off. so we all went out like usual, but then they told us to go back, behind the baseball fields, which is pretty deep back. and this was all in early march, so it was freezing. we were out there for about 3 hours, too
kinda fucked up that they made you take the elevators down instead of doing the right thing and making you take the stairs. It's a new day and age, it sucks but ya gotta deal with the possibility of things like this happening.
it was probably the KFC callin in to fuck with you.
KFC is good eatin' - honey BBQ wings are the shit!