CDIH

Full Version: So, why exactly are we going to war?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
War has been looming for a long time now. Threats have been made. But what justification has really been given? What proof has been offered? After all, if you’re going to spend billions of dollars worth of materials during a bad economy and priceless human lives, shouldn’t you know why?

So, let’s look at what we do know. First, let’s look at Saddam Hussein himself. He is, without a doubt, a bloody dictator. He rules by fear, intimidation, and mass murder. I’ve seen video taken at a meeting. Saddam was on the stage and the place was surrounded by his soldiers. One by one, he began accusing members of the audience, his “government” of plotting treason. Each person named was taken outside and killed while he smiled and smoked a cigar. After he judged the remaining audience had been terrorized enough, he announced that the remaining traitors were forgiven. Why? So they would go out and proclaim Saddam’s “great mercy”. This is a man without conscience who only cares about grabbing as much power and influence as possible. The suffering of his people means nothing to him.

But, so what? There have been dozens of dictators just as bad if not worse. Yet, the U.S., and indeed the world, did nothing. Pol Pot, Idi Amin, and many others were left to do whatever they wanted within their own borders.

Next, we have the accusations that Iraq is supporting Al Queda and other terrorist activity. But, no proof has been given. Not only that, but the same accusations can be made about other countries, including Saudi Arabia, the home of several of the 9/11 terrorists. Which brings up the question, why aren’t we going after these other nations and groups? Why don’t we have more troops in the Philippines where there is a group known to work with and train with Al Queda?

Finally, there is the accusation that Iraq is producing weapons of mass destruction. This is the most serious accusation and the reason given most often. So, now we wait for the results of the UN Weapons Inspection. So far, they’ve visited over 80 sites while being followed around by the media, and no “smoking gun” has been announced by the media.

So, what’s going on? My guess is that the intelligence agencies of the U.S. and the U.K. have both uncovered convincing information, but this information can not be revealed to the public without jeopardizing the sources of that information. Is the threat against Isreal? Is it a threat of selling the weapons to Al Queda? Maybe we’ll never find out. But, we can keep asking.

What do you think?
animal abortions should definitely be legalized
Seriously. I absolutely can't think of anything else that is more worthy of being legalized.
Can any animal get an abortion? or do they need parental consent or justifiable cause?

Confusedmokey:
what about in the case of rape or if the sonogram shows a birth defect?
... they prob are keeping the info from the public for security reasons... we don't want them to know what we know, that gives them more ability to hide the right stuff from inspectors.... besides, we need a small war every once in a while...
my cat's breath smells like cat food.
Ron Ron with a Ralph quote.

We are going to war because, eventhough we signed a peace treaty, the war never ended. Since the conditions of the peace treaty were never met. we can bomb the living shit out of Iraq again.

Plus, the more dead people there are, the more oxygen there is available for me.
Can we send those 100 B celebrities for Susan Sarandon and her pussy husband Tim Robbins, to Woody harrelson to Martin Sheen to Barbabra Streisand, to Sean Penn who support Iraq over over there before bombing we start the bombing.
Sure. I still like Anthony's suggest of letting Tyson lose in Iraq without the Zoloft. That will clear out that area quickly with no hassles.
I heard that Sean Penn is mad at the Iraqi government for using his visit as propaganda....you know because his visit wasn't propaganda to begin with....

I hate fucking celebrities most of who have no education past high school who get involved in this ultra liberal shit that they have no business in. If you're an entertainer, fucking entertain...you're not a politician, you're not an expert on foreign relations or policies, and you shouldn't be giving your fucking opinions about war. Give me a fucking break....these are the same mother fuckers who ran to give money to the charities for the FDNY, etc. cryung about what happened, yet they won't support anything that will prevent anything like that from ever happening again.
Quote:Can we send those 100 B celebrities for Susan Sarandon and her pussy husband Tim Robbins, to Woody harrelson to Martin Sheen to Barbabra Streisand, to Sean Penn who support Iraq over over there before bombing we start the bombing.

Absofuckinglutely. What hypocrites they are.... America let them achieve unbelievable amounts of success in their lives they would never achieve anywhere else. But, when it comes time to support their country, they turn their backs. It makes me sick. Ship them over there...if they are so against the war, get the fuck out of my country.
I'm against the war, and I'm staying right here.

Yes, Saddam is an Asshole of monumental proportions. Is it worth destroying every last shred of international support to carry out a vendetta against a (probably) defenseless country? What was it, 60 Minutes last week, where they were showing that propaganda wasn't just a tool of the Nazi's 60 years ago? It's alive and well in America today.
Quote:Absofuckinglutely. What hypocrites they are.... America let them achieve unbelievable amounts of success in their lives they would never achieve anywhere else. But, when it comes time to support their country, they turn their backs. It makes me sick. Ship them over there...if they are so against the war, get the fuck out of my country.

:bow: :loveya: :toast:

Quote:Is it worth destroying every last shred of international support to carry out a vendetta against a (probably) defenseless country?

Click here to learn how "defenseless" iraq is.

They are anything but defensless. Read the paper or click over to cnn.com. They are digging in and getting ready. If you think they don't have chemical or bio weapons you are nuts.

Quote:What was it, 60 Minutes last week, where they were showing that propaganda wasn't just a tool of the Nazi's 60 years ago?

Propaganda has been used for as long as wars have been fought. We used it, they used it, the old soviet union, china, north korea, cuba, everyone does. Hell, comercials are propaganda. It's a means to get people to do what someone else wants or to create a mindset about someone or something.

Now we have North Korea to worry about. That is a threat to the whole world not just us.

Edited By JerseyThunder on 1040968314
I hope TFEC gets bombed first.
Quote:I hope TFEC gets bombed first.

I did on new year's eve. :thumbs-up:
:thumbs-up:
It's a poker game and we are losing. They have called our bluff 4 times. We stink.
Anyone who'd like a very alternative, but Damn interesting take on it, read Gore Vidal's book "Dreaming War". You can dismiss Vidal as too far from the left, but he brings up facts and Damn good points.
yea Vidal OWNS!
Pages: 1 2