CDIH

Full Version: Year end awards series - Best film of 2002
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I figured with everyone doing their little lists of the best and worst of 2002 why not us? So I figured i'd start a bunch of polls in every catagory giving everyone the chance to vote and discuss the year that was.

For this vote it's best movie so pick one, or you can write one in, in a reply.

There's a few movies most people didn't see that were actually much better than most but I didn't think putting them up would make much sense.

One of them is an excellent movie called About Schmidt with Jack Nicholson, Nicholson is the a god in almost any movie he is in but this is one of the his best performances in years, probably since Few Good Men. If you can find this movie anywhere rent it or buy it, you will not be dissapointed.

Other than that I gotta go with Spider-Man, it surprised me more than any other movie this year. I liked 8-mile but it left much to be desired, the movie ends rather ubruptly, eminem definetly gives an award worthy performance as does kim bassinger but the movie is lacking as a whole.

Episode II, I loved but while it was great it was still not as great as it should have been. I felt that the movie did not cover as much ground as it should have, am I the only one worried that it is impossible to cover everything that needs to be covered with only one more movie remaining?

I did not see Minority Report but I heard good things about it.

I went in expecting toby macguire to stink as spider-man and I was totally wrong, he was perfect for the part. The movie had everything that one needs to have a fun time, I liked it a lot.

Insomnia woulda had my vote if it didn't lose pace during the second half of the movie.

I did not see Red Dragon yet.
i voted for star wars. i loved it.
... I thought this was message board year end awards for a sec.... Spidey, since I don't know how LOTR is gonna be.....
I honestly thought a lot of the people who complained about episode II are the same people who would never be satisfied no matter what he did.

They complained about the love story but it's a neccesary part of the film. I mean it's easy to say just have them fuck and give birth to Luke already but you can't ignore an intregal part of the story like that. Honestly think it takes up maybe 5 - 10 minutes in the whole movie anyway.

My main complaint is that the movie coulda been better with the time and money he had available. Also that it wasn't as good as episode 1 or 4-6 because it didn't have a "good" bad guy in it. Naturally 4-6 have Vader and The emperor and 1 had Darth Maul.

Think back to the Lethal Weapon movies all of them were great except for part 3 cause the bad guy was just not good, you need a good bad guy to balance things out. A type of bad guy you hate but wanna see more of at the same time.

Also it didn't cover as much ground as it should have.
I barely saw any movies this year. I guess Undercover Brother.
none of the above

the royal tenenbaums

they do make movies other than the big summer and x-mas holiday movies. just thought you might like to know.

Edited By Arpikarhu on 1040189479
Good write in, I liked Royal Tenenbaums but I think it was amazingly over hyped as was Memento, while both are awesome movies and award worthy they were very over blown.
memento kicked ass!!!! not overblown at all!!
royal tenanbaums was great
now i hate it :-(
Memento was great but I think it was over hyped. It was good but after the initial shock sets in and you watch it again as a whole the movie itself is not THAT great, it has a great idea and is shot wonderfully and acted well but it's not THAT great.
it was better than any of that hollywood crap you have listed on top of this thread. those are all formula films, memento was innovative and daring. it RAWKED!!!!

i really liked it. plus the way it mocked hollwood mainstream films with the way it turned those formula ideas around , especially in the chase scene, brilliant!!!
I picked a movie I haven't seen. I shall throw the balance off of this poll!
EVIL!!
Ok galt, I was wondering who picked bourne identity.

I do agree that I fucked up leaving memento off the list, that's my mistake it definetly deserved consideration. Hence people can write it in if they wish.
and tenenbaums
sure, they can write in scooby doo for all i care but memento deserved to be on the list.
and tenenbaums
yes and royal tenenbaums. happy?
thank you :thumbs-up:
Pages: 1 2 3