CDIH

Full Version: The most over-rated/over-played songs ever - Inspired by moosen and sean
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So Moosen has the greatest songs ever.. Sean has the most disappointing follow up albums...
but which songs, no matter how good or bad, are the most OVERRATED and/or OVERPLAYED of all times?
Honestly... here's a few I think..

Led Zeppelin- Stairway to Heaven
.... yeah, it's a great song, but enough is enough allready, this song should be outlawed from Top # lists, because it's GARAUNTEED at this point to be number 1 or 2 EVERY FUCKING TIME.

Queen- Bohemian Rhapsody
.... Many of the people who croon over this song would have never even known about it had it not been for Mike Myers. When Queen has so many OTHER great songs under their belt, Wayne's World is the reason this one always pops to the front of the line...

Metallica- Sandman
.... While most die-hard Mettallica fans understand, many of the more recent ones BECAME metallica fans because of this song, and while this IS a great song, it was a POPULAR song... ruling out some of the heavier masterworks of metallica's earlier albums.

Hanson- Mmm-bop
.... How the hell did a song full of gibberish by PRE TEENS sell so much?

List your what's and why's.
KROCK devotes an entire radio station to this very genre.
yes.. but I'm looking for the cream of the KROCK, the epitome of the overplay
Drowning Pool:When The Bodies Hit The Floor

It was cool about the first 100 times I heard it the first week it came out, but my god. After the WWF got thier paws on it, I cringed at the very mention of this song! :fuckoff:
Smells like Teen Spirit, or really anything else by Nirvana. I always hated that fucking band, but especially that song.

Star Spangled Banner

And I'd have to agree with Stairway. Although it's a good song, it's definately not their best. Yet for some reason it's in the pantheon of all time great songs on every single list.
OK, current overplays....

1) The Sickness - Disturbed
2) Its Been Awhile - Staind
2) Outside - Staind (the Family Values version was already overplayed, then in a display of utter arrogance they played out a polished studio version of the song right after. the balls on these people (or lack thereof).)
3) How You Remind Me - Nickelback (i fucking hate this song)
4) Last Night - Strokes (not quite there yet, but right on the cusp of overplayed)
5) In The End - Linkin Park (i admit, i still like it, but its still overplayed)
6) Wherever You Will Go - The Calling (douche chills)
7) My Sacrifice - Creed

This gives me an idea for an opposite thread. What singles SHOULD they be playing that they are not regardless of how hip you want to seem by not letting anyone else hear them. Wink

Edited By Keyser Soze on Feb. 19 2002 at 4:27
Last/First/Fist Kiss - Pearl Jam
10,000 Miles - The Proclaimers
Beautiful Day - U2

Anything by Billy Joel

I had a couple of others but when I read the list, I just went Yep, Yep, Yep and forgot what I was thinking.
Rock and Roll All Night and anything else by Kiss. Awful!!!
Rock and Roll All night.. DEFINITELY..

why though, do I see the remainder of Creepy Dude's statement as an attempt to instigate me??
It's not you goth boy, I genuinly hate Kiss. They are the epitome of covering up shitty music with shlock stage shows and hoping noone notices how much they really suck. However, some of the mid 80's to mid 90's stuff is kinda cool.
Mr. Brownstone Wrote:It's not you goth boy, I genuinly hate Kiss. They are the epitome of covering up shitty music with shlock stage shows and hoping noone notices how much they really suck. However, some of the mid 80's to mid 90's stuff is kinda cool.
That was my point about them in the fuckin first place. I like the Brownstone now. Not like you like him, fags.

If I never hear that fuckin Livin La Vida Loca again, I can die happy as well! :bouncer:
My Heart Will Go On - Celine Dion
When Jeremy was out for Pearl Jam, that song must have been looped on every radio station to play every 20 minutes.
No Stairway? shuh!!! denied.

Don Mclean - American Pie
Not only is it an over rated song, it's not even a really good song in my opinion.

Staind - Outside
A good song on the otherhand it got murdered cause it was overplayed months before the album even hit the shelves.
currently the most over played songs on any radio station in my opinion are:

nickelback-how you remind me
linkin park-in the end
linkin park-papercut
disturbed- the sickness
n'sync-girlfriend (everytime i tune into z100, that fuckin song is on)
staind-its been a while
nickelback- too bad

the all time played out songs are
led zepellin-stairway to heaven
doors-light my fire
anything by madonna
pearl jam-jeremy
Alicia Keys - Fallin'
Quote:That was my point about them in the fuckin first place.
Yeah, I kept meaning to reply to that thread.
anything by linkin park. i like these songs the first time i heard them, but now at the 5000000000000000000000 time it just pisses me off.
What's Krock?

wannabe-Spice Girls
Allstar-Smashmouth
Pages: 1 2