CDIH

Full Version: All of you Emo Fags make me sick.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You spend all of you time talking about Punk and Joe Strummer passes away and you do not care.

I am not a huge fan of the Clash, but IMHO, they are the quinessential punk band. Again, IMHO the Clash were real, the Pistols were posers. But that is the extent of my interest in punk music. I wasn't angry enough at age 9 to really get into the scene.
ok
i saw the clash at the beacon when most of you were sucking on your mommas teat. they were kick ass!! almost all of that punk-emo-whatever crap you all listen to exists partially because of what Strummer was doing in those days.
You don't have to be any certain age to be into punk. But....knowing what it is helps.

Saying the Sex Pistols were posers? You're out of your fucking mind. They were tired of all the shit they were seeing and hearing and decided to do something about it. Sure, they couldn't play. But that's what made them so great.

Yes, The Clash were amazing, but they were the other half of punk. The raggae influenced pop side.
sorry im not 36 guys. i was still sucking on mommas teat.
I'm not 36 either.
Quote:Saying the Sex Pistols were posers?
they were posers. it wasnt about music for them. they were about spectacle.
Quote:But....knowing what it is helps. The raggae influenced pop side.

This much I knew about punk. The punk chords were nothing more than faster raggae chords.

But I don't think I would really care about the other side: the Nazi White Supremecists Punk of that era.
i really don't care to much about anything said in this thread, but this is a thread about punk so i'll post this here
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.thestar.com/NASApp....3191630">http://www.thestar.com/NASApp....3191630</a><!-- m -->
What's this EMO you speak of? Some new band perhaps.
Quote:What's this EMO you speak of?
ask sleeper. when he isnt listening to scrap metal being dropped into garbage chutes, he loves the emo.
Quote:it wasnt about music for them. they were about spectacle.
:thumbs-up: exactly

Quote:the Nazi White Supremecists Punk of that era.
too bad it came to that

Skinhead History - by Ben from KC

Quote:A skinhead did not take shit from anyone, they stood firm on their stance on racial unity and working class pride.

THE 70's

After the strong birth of skinheads which was and still is said to have been at it's peak in 1969, reggae started to diminish though not completely dying. Skinheads stilll existed but saw adversity in the decline of culture. Skins true to there roots stayed strong to there beliefs. In Britain, national pride was always a value of skinheads. As always is the case, there were a few individuals who lost touch with the roots of unity and displaced there national pride with racial prejudice. White supremacist groups such as the National Front started to see these impressionable youths as perfect subjects to prey upon for recruiting. Those who were weak and not aware of there roots looked to these groups as something to identify with and the skinhead cult was to be tainted unforgivably.
Well I thought it was sad when I heard about it. I never really got into the Clash but I respect them as well as the Sex Pistols, the Ramones, etc. as the forefathers of punk music.