CDIH

Full Version: Can Men and Women Be "Just Friends"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
The age old question :Can men and women be friends? Ask people and you're sure to get a variety of responses. They range from "Absolutely!" to "Hell no!" and everything in between. The more people tend to think about the question before answering, the more wishy-washy the answer tends to get. "Well, depending on the people involved, I suppose it could be possible for a man and woman to be friends."

Well, I'm here to tell you that the answer is yes. Men and women can be friends. But yes, there are usually some basic ground rules:

1) Just as with any friends, you really need to share common interests.
2) Romantic feelings that are one sided can kill the friendship. Romantic feelings that are returned can turn into marriage.
3) Both people, when in romantic relationships with others, need to be dating secure, non-jealous people.
4) The younger you are the easier it is. You usually don't have as many hang-ups about the opposite sex as you do after going through life for awhile.
5) In most cases, if the friend is an ex they usually can not be a friend. Why keep visiting a car wreck?

Quite often we meet members of the opposite sex to whom we have absolutely no physical attraction to what so ever, yet we bond in other ways and have a lot in common and share a lot of laughs. These people make great friends no matter what sex they are. Why throw away a good thing just because of a person's gender? Friends of the opposite sex are also a great way to meet potential partners. They are also a great way to get to know how their mind works. Men and women think so differently about so many things, so it is great to have an opposite sex friend to learn from and to sometimes translate for you.

Men and women can be friends, just as straight woman can have lesbian friends and just as people of different colors and races can be friends. What it all boils down to is that friendships are special and should be treasured no matter who it is that you share them with.

so what do you guys and gals think? can men and women be just friends with out any alternative motives? you be the judge.
no
why?
Yes
My two best friends are both women.

I have a feeling you'd get more women saying yes to this then men. Most men just want to fuck every female. they can't look past the sex and actually have a friendship with a woman.

And I think that if ANYONE is going to have a relationship thats more than just friends, they should be friends first.
One of my best friends is a guy, but he's the ONLY guy that I've ever been friends with that feelings or sexual somethings haven't gotten in the way. We're about to go to Vegas this coming Friday, and I actually feel better about going with him than if I was going with my female friends (my bf agrees as well).

I think guys and girls can be friends, but its very hit or miss.
Quote:And I think that if ANYONE is going to have a relationship thats more than just friends, they should be friends first.

Yes

One of my best friends growing up was a girl, and all throughout High School I usually hung out with girls more than guys, maybe it's because the majority of guys at my school were major dorks.
I think I've always had more females as friends than guys. I find most guys to be jerk offs.
I've always had more guy friends than girls, because I've found girls to be snotty bitches who will fuck your boyfriends when you turn your head. If you get lucky, you'll get a guy who will treat you like a sister sometimes, and like a buddy at others. Its the perfect balance.
my best friends are mostly females also, but i wouldnt say no if they wanted to have sex
I find it incredibly frustrating to be friends with a hot girl.
i dont :thumbs-up:
Well aren't we special Mr. Fancy-pants
sorry, perhaps its the cowboy fever
I don't think I've ever had a guy friend that I hadn't considered/wanted to bone. They go together for me, sometimes it's bad. This is part of my new resolution, more friends less sex. :thumbs-up:
My best friend in high school was a guy and we've remained friends since then. He's been about the only guy I didn't want a sexual relationship with and only a friendship. And that the feeling is mutual (as far as I know!) As someone said earlier, it's hit or miss.
I've had a few female friends who made it clear from day one they were only friends. I have wondered why they just wanted to be friends. Usualy it was because I was just Jimmy. After getting past the natural attraction that I think occurs everytime someone meets another of the opposite sex, it shouldn't be hard to stay friends...I have lady friends that I have been friends with since I am 12 years old and I think I only wanted to bang one of em...
i guess itz called friendz who fuck
most of the relationshipz i have with woman end up in sex
usuallythe first thingthat pops into my mind when meeting a woman for the first time is what they would look like in bed
i only have one girl i would consider a best friend
one who i could tell anything to
i do wanna bang her but she has someone now and she is being very loyal
the thing is i just wanna bang her and not have any stringz attached
and i feel if we do screw then itz gonna fuck everything up
but itz hard for me to keep it in my pantz

yes woman and men can be friendz
it's just diffucult to find those situations

Edited By DGW on 1041624071
Yes, but the guy, deep in his heart, still wants to fuck you. That's why I don't have any fat ugly women as friends.

Actually, I don't have any friends at all... Confuseduicide:
dgw, do you give all of your ho'z facialz?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5