CDIH

Full Version: Who is your favorite band? and why?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok you have to pick only one so don't pussyfoot around it.

If I had one choice it would definitely be Fugazi. They aren't afraid to try something new yet when you listen it has a very distinct sound that you can recognize. And plus they are one of the few bands that you know will never sell out coughmetallicacough.
My favorite band is definitly Rudimentary Peni... becuse they are good.
I've never told anyone this before...
My favorite band is...CLUTCH!
I'd say it but sleeper would make fun of me and hurt my feelings.
faith no more
GonzoStyle Wrote:I'd say it but sleeper would make fun of me and hurt my feelings.
I have an Abbey Road poster on my wall.
Some black guy from the 60's i think his name was Jonny Hedrickson or something like that. :bouncer:
All right, everyone knows this, but let me reiterate (ooh big word!)...KYUSS! The band that completely opened new musical doors for me. Because of them, I found this whole music underground, music that was made because people felt it was important, or they we so fucked up at the time that they thought so. Kyuss is powerful, it's beautiful, and they didn't take themselves too seriously. My only regret is that I got into them too late and was never able to see them live. But thanks to Kyuss, we have Unida, Queens of the Stone Age, hell, even Brant Bjork made an impact on Fu Manchu.
And countless other bands that I love...I now have more music to buy than I can afford to. I dig the stoner scene, or doom rock or fuzz rock or riff rock, whatever the fuck you want to call it...it's real music, not done to sell records...from the soul. It's simplicity is amazing, yet it's also complex...I dunno, I'm talking out my ass now cuz I'm kinda drunk but Welcome to Sky Vally changed my life...
either system of a down or thursday. both bands fucking rock. either them or the beastie boys.
Nine Inch Nails.

I think Trent Reznor is a songwriting genius, and his lyrics most definatly speak to me. They describe what I am thinking or feeling on alot of things.
The Rolling Stones pre-1980
Quote:I think Trent Reznor is a songwriting genius, and his lyrics most definatly speak to me. They describe what I am thinking or feeling on alot of things.
thats because you are a little goth chick trapped in a maymay's body.

Edited By Arpikarhu on Feb. 18 2002 at 09:18
Quote:thats because you are a little goth chick trapped in a maymay's body.
If you're going to continue to follow me around and make comments about me in every thread, then we're gonna have a problem. Take it off the board, or to Anger Management if you want to call me out. Otherwise, SHUT THE FUCK UP.
Maynard Wrote:
Quote:thats because you are a little goth chick trapped in a maymay's body.
If you're going to continue to follow me around and make comments about me in every thread, then we're gonna have a problem. Take it off the board, or to Anger Management if you want to call me out. Otherwise, SHUT THE FUCK UP.
i've barely been here in the last two weeks so as to following you around i think you are being a wee bit paranoid. relax, have another cup of coffee
Hardly, I think you may be the paranoid one here.
Relax brotha. :fuggin:
HyBriD Wrote:system of a down
word up, my brotha!!!!! i've seen them twice the first time they opened for limp bizkit after soad's set i left and went to a nudie bar. the 2nd time was the pledge of allegiance tour, they and slipknot fucking rocked!!!!
Brokenjaw Wrote:Some black guy from the 60's
I always knew you were a Sam Cooke fanatic
Either Bad Religion or the Misfits. Im heavy into punk, and these two groups styles are what I tend to listen to.

Oh, and Fugazi is not punk. Fugazi is Emo.
Guns...no not LA Guns....Nirvana a close second
Sephiroth Wrote:Either Bad Religion or the Misfits. Im heavy into punk, and these two groups styles are what I tend to listen to.

bah
Sephiroth Wrote:Either Bad Religion or the Misfits. Im heavy into punk, and these two groups styles are what I tend to listen to.

Fugazi is not Emo. Fugazi is punk. They were punk long before Emo was even Emo. Someone decided to come up with this new Genre of music and call it Emo, and they said hey, this band Fugazi sounds like all these other Emo bands. So they lumped them in with them. When in reality, all their copycat bands are also really knock off punk wannabe Fugazi imitators.
Pages: 1 2